my WOW moment

Sue B
on 3/27/05 3:07 am - WI
Okay - here's the bakground to my story ... my hubby really made me mad by buying a car and not letting me in on it & I was on a "get back at him" roll ... so we are going to a wedding on the 23rd of April & I have NOTHING to wear because all my dresses are sz 26 and up ... so I told him he should take me to the mall & get me a new dress ... he said okay! I went to the mall & started looking at all these pretty dresses ... I was grabbing 16's & 14's thinking that was the size I was going to be (figured they would be the 16 - but hoped I could squeeze my fat butt into at least 1 14) ... well come to find out they were all way TOO BIG! I found that the size 12's were a perfect fit (except I need boobies - those were MIA) I couldn't believe it! I was even able to fit into 1 size 10, but it was a little snug & wasn't sure if I wanted to take the risk of it not fitting. Well, my hubbie kept making those Googlie eyes at me because he couldn't believe how good I looked all dressed up ... awwwww and he bought me all 3 dresses I really liked, a shawl & shoes to match! He also booked us on a Cruise for November & told me that these dresses should work for that too (hopefully I won't shrink too much ... I can do simple alterations myself, just not major ones). So needless to say it took the sting out of his stupid spending spree. I CAN"T BELIEVE I FIT INTO A 12 !!!! I am excited for my reconstructive surgeries in about a week now (arm lift, breast lift) - all the dresses are sleeveless (which I never would have bought before) even though I will have some bandages for the wedding - I am excited to show off my new body! Happy Easter Sue 318/176/??? (passed gaol ~ need a new one)
Rae Smiles
on 3/27/05 8:57 am - Mount Airy, MD
Hi Sue, Congrats!!!! What a G-R-E-A-T moment!! RAE
cotesbabe
on 3/27/05 6:38 pm - Agawam, MA
Sue, There is not a beter feeling then going shopping and buying clothes that you never thought you'd fit into to........Congrats on you BIG WOW moment And im sure you'll have many more to come I rembember at x-mas time going to dress barn and trying on dresses.i was grabbing 12-14 to big.and i couldnt find anything i liked in my price range that i wanted to spend for a dress to wear once......i went over to the clearance rack and there was a black velvet dress.....79.99 clearanced for 19.99.i asked the sales lady if that was right...she said yes i asked her if she had a bigger size and if not could she call another store to see if they had one.she asked what size that was in my hand i said an 8 but im buying it and hopefully next year it will fit.for this price im not letting it pass me..........she said an 8 you look like an 8 i said no theres alot of hidden fat under there.......she said try it on.......so i did and it fit.........i was wowed for almost a week! its just so amazing how something like that makes you feel.......... again congrats on your wow moment Oh and my prayers and thoughts will be with you on your upcoming ps......wish you a quick and painfree recovery and uneventfull surgery Stephanie
Sue B
on 3/27/05 9:10 pm - WI
Thank you ! I am still in awe - I knew I was shrinking but I didn't think I was to a 12 yet. Thank you for the prayers - I am SO nervous & don't know why ... I am more nervous for this surgery then any of the other 3 major ones I have had. I hope you continue to heal well Sue 318/176/160 (my new & last numbered goal)
DianneW
on 3/27/05 10:49 pm - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, the cruise sounds wonderful. What is the recovery time for the breast/arm surgery. That is the first one I want to have. But it will be a long time before I have much sick time. Good luck and congratulations again. Dianne 340/169/150
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/05 4:12 am - South of Boston, MA
Go Sue! -Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out