Happy Eggie Day & Tips

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/05 7:46 pm - South of Boston, MA
Happy Easter - Happy Spring! The sun is shining, it's a gorgeous (if bitterly cold here.....) day! From a newsletter I recieved today: Easter is a holiday, like Halloween and Valentine's Day, where the temptation to eat sweets can be overwhelming. Who doesn't look forward to a basket full of chocolate bunnies or multicolored jelly beans? ** This part is perfect! What a way to state it--- this should be my mantra: Focus on family instead of food. Every holiday does not have to revolve around food. Food is simply a means to bring your family together to share a special day. If you focus on enjoying the company of your family, the food won't seem as important. ***************************************************** Give your child a healthy Easter basket. Mix an assortment of fruits and nuts in with the usual candy treats. Or, if you're feeling really daring, skip the basket altogether and focus on having a fantastic Easter egg hunt. If you can't resist it, don't buy it. When you go to the store to purchase Easter basket treats for your children, resist the urge to buy an entire bag of individually wrapped candies. You will inevitably end up eating a fair share of these yourself. Instead, try to buy single-serving treats and remind yourself that they're not for you. Allow yourself a bit of dark chocolate. When you're faced with the urge to splurge on candy, treat yourself to a small piece of dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is not as sweet as milk chocolate, and it also contains a heart-healthy antioxidant. Eat all your snacks and meals. If you stick to your regular eating schedule over the holiday weekend, it will be easier to resist the temptation to splurge. ******************************************************* See you all on Monday! Beth Someday I'll fly, someday I'll soar, someday I'll be so much more than my body gives me credit for. Why is it not my time? What is there more to learn? Shed this skin I've been tripping in, never to quite return... -J. Mayer www.meltingmama.blogspot.com/ HW- 313+ SW- 298 CW- 146 GWR- 114-151 Nine days till one year *re-birthday*! -167 lbs, 16 to goal...
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views