Monday/journal, success, and *possibly* a perfect protein supplement?

Dedicated
on 3/21/05 2:25 am - Eleva, WI
Not judging at all!!!! If I could, I'd have one once a week too! I sure miss that syrupy sweetness! (Can you tell it was my drink of choice pre-op!!!)
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 2:59 am - South of Boston, MA
Luann, You don't dump on this, or at all with any food/drink? It's so odd how our bodies react sooooo very differently... you had RNY right? You have to peel me off of the floor if I drank a real soda. My dump-o-meter is at just about 9-11 grams of sugar before I start feeling tipsy and nauseous. And, I am naughty, because I stop right before I hit that point.. so I shouldn't really know, but apparently, I do. 20 ounces of Mountain Dew has about 90 grams of sugar. ::head spins:: One 12 ounce can has 46 grams, the equivalent of ten teaspoons of white refined sugar. I keep telling my MIL (non-op, but perhaps might have surgery) that if she could quit the Dew, she'd drop weight immediately... she's a Dew-addict... she's since sorta switched to Diet Pepsi...one step at a time. Anyways... do you like coffee? :perk: If caffeine does it for you... there are many ways to get it. -Beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 3:04 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding- 1 hour walk outdoors/pushing stroller/brisk 32 oz crystal light orange 1 scoop Zero Carb Protein 1/2 hour raking, picking up branches, making woodpile Lunch- 2 oz lean roast beef 32 oz crystal light orange (drinking it till it's gone, dammit) Totals after lunch- 352 cals 5 fat 0 carbs 76 protein 96 oz fluid -beth
Sissy N
on 3/21/05 5:09 am - Hesperia, CA
Back on the plateau buster my doctor gave me. Today is full clear liquids I'm not hungry, just the thought of not eating (head hunger). I've only 23 days before my 1 year anniversary and I am no where near where I thought I'd be. Hoping to be there by my birthday in July, just revised my goal. H20 - Clear Liquid 80ozs so far 3.5 miles on treadmill Trying to gain control of myself again and use my tool as it was intended Sissy 298/288/164(again)/???
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 5:14 am - South of Boston, MA
Sissy- Congrats on taking charge. I'm over here beating myself into a carb-free submission. What's next on the plateau-buster? I keep attempting to do just that, but I always give in... so I'm doing a very low calorie/low carb/high protein/tons of liquids.... for now... it's working *this time*.... Beth Someday I'll fly, someday I'll soar, someday I'll be so much more than my body gives me credit for. Why is it not my time? What is there more to learn? Shed this skin I've been tripping in, never to quite return... -J. Mayer _______________________________________ HW- 313+ SW- 298 CW- 148 GWR- 114-151 *New pix on profile* Journal- meltingmama.blogspot.com/ _________________________________________
Sissy N
on 3/21/05 7:51 am - Hesperia, CA
Beth - fingers crossed I can follow this, so far so good. Day 1 - Clear Liquids Day 2 - 2 Protein Shakes (ProComplex is what I used 55g protein) + clear liquids Day 3 - 2 Protein Shakes w/fruit and clear liquids Day 4 thru 7 - 2 Protein Shakes and add soft foods non-fat cottage cheese, non-fat yogurt, fat free beans, low-fat cheeses, eggs (whites only), oatmeal or cream of wheat Day 8 and beyond - add tuna/fish/chicken to the above along with 2 servings per day of fresh vegetables. I've tried this before and lost weight by day 3 but then fell off the wagon, my goal is to keep to this strict Sissy
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 10:35 am - South of Boston, MA
That's a good plan... ::making note of it:: Let us know how it goes. I may need to try something like that if I have issues with trying to stick with what I'm doing... I have zero will-power... just fought off a chocolate monster with turkey... ugh. I should just go to bed now, I've gone over my limits. -beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 5:22 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding again- Snack- 1 oz beef jerky 1 Mini-Carb Snickerdoodle cookie (1 oz) Dinner (it's 4pm, might as well call it dinner...) 32 oz Crystal Light 1 scoop protein (okay, think I've had quite enough today) For the rest of the night- 16 oz crystal light Hot coffee If I get hungry, a simple snack.. or maybe chicken broth....? Totals- (before nightly coffee & snacking) 612 13 11 111 96 oz water -beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/05 7:50 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding... Almost lost it for a minute here... feeling sick now... ? It's so obvious when I am not eating out of hunger... immediate gratification food follows.... 1 oz Mini-Carb Snickerdoodle Cookie (ate it way too fast) 3 almonds Coffee/creamer/= Totals- all done for the day.... jus****er if I want it now... 753 21 fat 21 carbs 116
Josie C.
on 3/21/05 5:54 am - High Desert, CA
Update on me...I am doing so much better today...let's hope I can stick with this and get my tukis to Curves tonight :D Got my afternoon water quota in...3x16.9 and now working on a 4th...ahead of the game. I did get the munchies and whipped out a Power Crunch bar...now water water water until I get home for dinner. 343/330/???/180
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views