mary

Mary L.
on 3/20/05 8:12 am - Mishawaka, IN
Well this is a problem I have, I have had the belly skirt for a long time, but after a 100 pound lost (More now) but it started then, I have a hot sweaty mess under the belly. I have used powder, creams, and done everything I can think of to stop it and keep from the pain of it. I have been putting a wash cloth under to not get so wet but I am in pain from it and wonder if I am the only one out there with it. Has anyone found a way to get rid of it? Thanks all for reading email or whatever. HELP!!
Larakatya
on 3/20/05 9:09 am - Twin Cities, MN
CONGRATS on over 100lbs gone. The best way to get rid of the problem is: 1. go to the dr EVERY time you get a rash from it and get it documented in your file. That way they will be able to write a letter to your insurance company to have them take it off via tummy tuck (or torsoplasty, or belt-lift, or abdominoplasty, or whatever plastic surgery you can get your insurance company to pay for!) Barring that, how to manage in the interim: I wash mine with ivory soap, and only with my hands so as not to over scrub and irritate the pannus. Sponges and washclothes can be too abrasive for the delicate skin. I keep a cotton layer between my tummy and itself so that when it sweats, the sweat gets doesn't just sit and irritate the tummy. I try not to wear pantyhose too often, even though I love how sucked-in/flat they make me look because the pannus needs to breathe. I change clothes regularly - sometimes multiple times a day. I wipe it down with a cool cotton cloth after working out or anytime it feels less than "fresh." I use antifungal cream (the stuff for vaginal yeast infections works WONDERS) to take the painful infection away. You're NOT alone. It can really hurt if you don't manage it well. I had this for years BEFORE I lost my weight, I get it in the navel, in my anal fold (yep, I mean the buttcrack), and under the pannus. Sometimes it spreads down my vulva and into my thigh creases. I have learned to treat it aggressively, and to not irritate it as much. . .but I still will have pleanty of documentation to get my own pannus removed after a 6 month battle with my insurance co (they tend to reject claims and make them go through a more hellish appeal process to get grudging approval) You are not alone, and I wish you the best. ~Lara
Mary L.
on 3/20/05 11:05 pm - Mishawaka, IN
Thanks that helps some I have used the cream it is not working to well, which doctor do you tell when you have to problem? Is there anything He can do for it? I really hate this and going to dr for something like this is yck I have already done more than I want to do with them! I am glad I am not the only one cause you just don't talk about it much I can tell you, but I have reached the end of my rope with this.
janiej
on 3/21/05 2:33 am - Independence, IA
Don't use powder or corn starch as this just feeds the fungus. You can get sprays or creams for "jock itch, athletes foot" which is all the same stuff that will help. A friend just had her ps done in January because of the terrible sores she developed. Good luck! Janie
Larakatya
on 3/21/05 2:59 pm - Twin Cities, MN
The sprays burned me too much. . .so I couldn't use them. But you're totally right about the powder and cornstarch - I always ended up a YUCKKY mess when I would use them. . .and it wouldn't work. Hugs, ~Lara
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views