Prayers needed - for my friend Kris

Larakatya
on 3/19/05 3:06 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hello board, My friend Kris who was doing so good after her Lap RNY on Thursday has been through a 2nd surgery to relieve a bowel obstruction of the upper intestine just below her stoma. Initially she was doing great on Thursday, but she started to get some funny nausea and vomiting. She had to have her lap converted open when they looked in and saw the obstruction - it was just too tight in there to manuver laproscopically. She came through this 2nd procedure well, but right now she's got a fever and her heart is racing a bit. So they're giving her tylenol and trying to cool her down. She's the 5th patient in our practice to ever get a bowel obstruction in their 26 years of doing this procedure - why oh why did she have to beat the odds? (She was told she should go buy a lotto ticket!) They are giving her good care, but I'm sitting here worried about my dear friend, who probably wouldn't be in this situation if she hadn't seen me go through it so comparatively easily. She's got a great attitude, even with the new pain of a second surgery in 3 days. And she's doing her best to stay positive and keep her faith held tight. She's a wonderful woman, and I pray that everything is going to work out well. If not, god and I are going to have QUITE a few words! Please take a minute to say a little prayer for my dear friend. It would mean a lot to me, and I know it will mean a lot to her. With my heart, ~Lara
Just Janice
on 3/19/05 10:54 pm - Houston, TX
Prayers are going up right now for everyone!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Janice
Sue B
on 3/20/05 3:17 am - WI
I know 1st hand how scary that can be! After just spending 4 days in the hospital & 10 days on bed rest with a perferation/tear in my intestine ... which is unheard of at 11 months out. It is amazing what our bodies can do. I will keep Kris in my thoughts & wish for a fast & uncomplicated recovery! Keep us posted on her status. Sue 318/178/???
Larakatya
on 3/20/05 9:15 am - Twin Cities, MN
You poor dear!!! **prayers for you too!** I've never heard of that happening so late out! Goodness, thank god they found it. I will keep y'all posted. Hugs for you ~Lara
Sue B
on 3/20/05 10:11 am - WI
Unfortunately for me they never found the leak! I was sent home after 4 days & put on bed rest in hopes that the hole was already healing ... none of my tests showed where the leak was so they could not find it to fix it. They do not know what caused it, when it happened, or what I can do to keep it from happening again. I was told my case would be int he "Books" because they have never had a leak this far out before ~ once again I am making the medical journals! I hope your friend is on the mend soon! Hugs! Sue 318/178/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views