One year check-ups...

Ayleneb
on 3/14/05 9:44 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hey ladies...I just called and scheduled my one year checkup. To be perfectly honest...I haven't been back to see my doc since my one month check up. I have a ton of really good excuses but I know that I should have been back in long before now. The biggest issue is that I ended up with a surgeon whose office is over 2 hours away and I have small children so getting away for a large block of time is challenging. Also, the doctor's office never sent me the paperwork to get the blood tests for my 3 month followup appointment...then my eldest and I started school at the same time, etc, etc....the list goes on but I know that I'm going to get chewed out. Anyway, I do have an appointment for my 1 year check up and I just wondered what I should expect? Anyone have a clue on this? Thanks, Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 278.8/171/150ish?
Dedicated
on 3/14/05 10:39 pm - Eleva, WI
For me, I have to have some labs drawn a week before. Then at the appt. they'll weigh/measure me. Look at my labs. Ask me about exercise, protein intake, water intake, carbs, ask me about why I'm not at at least a 100 lbs gone already. Basically I'm doing everything right except a few too many carbs. So I'll get the bad carb lecture again. The this is a tool lecture too. I am such a freakin slow loser! Then I'll go home feeling bad and not even thinking about the 80+ pounds I've already lost! I really don't like going to the doc! Can you tell!
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/05 2:19 am - South of Boston, MA
At my surgeon's office it's such a waste of time, really. They tell me what I already know and I'm gone in ten minutes! The labs get drawn AFTER I see the doc or the PA... and they tell me the results the NEXT visit (several months later... makes sense, eh?) Perhaps, just a thought... you could make a regular physical appointment with your PCP locally instead. This is what my husband does... he doesn't care to go into the city for his F/U app'ts... I don't mind it, it's a field trip for me, .... But it can be a pain, because I have missed app'ts due to lack of sitters or something that pops up... -beth 313/298/148-15freaking4/130
DianneW
on 3/15/05 9:06 am - Louisville, KY
I decided to go back to St. Louis for my followup. I'm going the day after Memorial Day. My doctor does the blood work after I see him too and never tells the results, I guess unless there is a problem. Oh well, maybe next year I'll find someone in Louisville. P.S. I've been eating like a pig too and thinking about going to OA. I gained two pounds. I'm not happy. Dianne 340/175/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views