I am alive!!!!! (and a little warning...)

Just Janice
on 3/11/05 4:45 am - Houston, TX
Hey everyone! It's ME! Remember..Janice? Chicken/cheese/hot sauce????? Well, I apologize for not being around lately, but I have been BUSY!! Two, yes TWO people for which I am an angel had their surgeries on Wed. Both are doing fantastic!! I am so proud of them!!!!! Next, I got a call on Wed from one of my friends to let me know that another friend was on her way to Houston. Before I was to get all excited, I found out that her hubby, an over the road driver, was in an accident down her on Wed AM. He jackknifed his truckn on I-45, in an attempt to steer clear of another accident. He is in ICU, and his wife rushed down here to be by his side. Anywhooo, I finally got to the hospital for her on Thursday, after visiting my angels in the AM and afternoon. After only eating an egg and a little turkey and hummus (and nothing else but MAYBE 20 oz of fluids all day), I was standing by his bedside at about 9 PM. Well, the world gets a little swirly if you don't eat and drink boys and girls...I fainted. On the man. On his broken femur and shattered knee cap. Plop...gone...good thing he is on morphine, huh? I didn't hurt him, but my friend did comment that "Good thing he had a twig fall on him instead of a big ol gal like me (meaning her)." I love her...she called me a twig....So...moral of the story...eat and drink, and be merry....don't eat, don't drink, fall on an injured married man, and become a puddle on the boneless skin on the floor...... My MD said I was under so much stress/adrenaline trying to keep up and take care of everyone that I forgot to take care of myself. My blood sugar levels dropped, metabolism increased, blood pressure dropped, and bc I was standing for hours, I probably locked my knees. Apparently, this is how you, too, can make yourself pass out...LOL When then tried to give me juice to raise my sugars, I apparently almost looked like I was going to cry, and kept repeating that I didn't want to dump...geezo!!! Wel, I have been instructed to lay down, drink, and eat today..so, I guess I'd better go do it, huh? LOL TTYL! Janice
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/05 7:08 am - South of Boston, MA
Trying not to giggle, but you tell a good story.... {{{hugs to you and your friends....}}} -beth
Ayleneb
on 3/12/05 8:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
Wow - what a week! Hoping that you and your friends all heal well and quickly! Aylene
J H.
on 3/13/05 10:54 am - Houston, TX
janice, you are hilarious...even tragedy sounds funny...........you know I was thinking the same thing his wife said...atleast you are skinny now if it had to happen............how is he doing now? Do take care of yourself..you are a precious commodity...a friend. Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views