Friday- Journals

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/05 10:35 pm - South of Boston, MA
Post away please... _____________________________________________________________ I had a really "good for me" day yesterday, even successfully fought off the munchies after dinner with two spoonfuls of the whipped cottage cheese and a packet of sweet and low. I woke up in the middle of the night, and normally would get a handful of pretzels, or seeds, or something... but I grabbed a mini protein bar instead... and slept through. Still up at 152... but I know it could take a few really "good" days to show a loss at this point, it always does. Today- Pre-breakfast 7:00am 8 oz coffee 1 oz Carb Countdown Skim Milk Breakfast 9:00am 1 scoop GNC Whey Protein Chocolate 4 oz Carb Countdown Skim Milk 16 oz ice (blended, plus 4 oz ice not blended) 1T cocoa powder/sweetener/peppermint Next "planned" 24-32 oz diluted vanilla tea (gotta go make some) Lunch "planned" 12:00pm 1/2C cottage cheese (or another protein shake concoction) Snacks "planned" 24-32 oz decaf iced tea 8 oz Sugar Free Red Bull 1C sliced cucumbers Dinner "planned" 6 oz Carb Countdown Yogurt 1/2C frozen mixed berries 4 oz Carb Countdown Skim Milk 1**** Snack- 24-32 oz liquids 1C watermelon Depending on how I do during the day, I'll add another meal... goals are less then 1000 cals, less than 20 fats, as little carbs as possible (but fruit adds up quick...may rethink snacks), 75-100 proteins... beth Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson 313/298/148-152/130
Dawn C.
on 3/10/05 10:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
My plan today includes a dr. visit to get some drugs. I think I have bronchitic or something similar. I am at work only to finish what must be done today or I will cost the company millions. Here's the food plan so far: Pre-B: mocha a la Dawn - 1 pkt sf swiss miss cocoa, 1 T. decaf coffee powder, splash of skim milk, splenda B - 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 c. skim milk, 1 small gala apple L - 1/2 c. spinach leaves, 1 oz. feta, 1/2 c. albocore tuna, low fat vidalia onion dressing Snacks - this is the food I packed for the day. 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 c. grapes and celery sticks I am leaving at 1:30 to see the doc. Hope I don't fall asleep before then. My daughter kept me up most of the night coughing and wimpering. DH has her at the doc right now. Dawn 287/195/165
Dawn C.
on 3/10/05 10:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
My plan today includes a dr. visit to get some drugs. I think I have bronchitic or something similar. I am at work only to finish what must be done today or I will cost the company millions. Here's the food plan so far: Pre-B: mocha a la Dawn - 1 pkt sf swiss miss cocoa, 1 T. decaf coffee powder, splash of skim milk, splenda B - 1/2 c. oatmeal, 1 c. skim milk, 1 small gala apple L - 1/2 c. spinach leaves, 1 oz. feta, 1/2 c. albocore tuna, low fat vidalia onion dressing Snacks - this is the food I packed for the day. 1 oz sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 c. grapes and celery sticks I am leaving at 1:30 to see the doc. Hope I don't fall asleep before then. My daughter kept me up most of the night coughing and wimpering. DH has her at the doc right now. Dawn 287/195/165
Dawn C.
on 3/10/05 10:52 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Oops - sorry for the double post. I got impatient and hit it again!
J H.
on 3/11/05 1:09 am - Houston, TX
Good morning............. Today I have had my coffee with creamer, one piece of salami with a piece of cheese rolled up (real good Joan). Also, I snacked on about 12 pieces of cashews and 1/2 a protein bar (11 gms. protein/1 carb). L-green salad/tuna drinking decaf mint tea right now more later................need to drink H20.....and lot's of it... I talked to my sister yesterday...really discussed weight/pant size stuff, which we never really do..........she has been the smallest of all of us pretty much forever...........she says she is the same weight and pant size as me. wow...........who'd a thunk!?? not me........good information to know since I am sweating it out over these last thirty pounds....not that the information tells me I don't have to lose it...it is just good for my psyche........... Make any sense? Joan
kat S.
on 3/11/05 1:29 am - nowhere, MI
Doesn't it feel great to get a good day under your belt Beth? I feel that way too, yesterday was really good for me. I was so tempted to snack at night, it feels like I get so hungry but its head hunger, I know it because I get really full on purpose at 7-7:30. Today is gonna be hard, I know that already. preBkfast- coffee, 2 tbs cream bkfast (10 am) chips and cheese (lovely huh?) I counted the chips and measured the cheese and it came to 240 calories, 13 grams of fat, 9 grams protein. Two tbs salsa lunch- salad with shrimp, peas, onion, celery, radish, tomato, 3 tbs low fat/calorie dressing. snack (planned) 1/2 cup yogurt 1/4 granny smith apple with couple thin slices of organic cheddar dinner (planned) baked chicken (one breast) with probably cup and a half of vegys (green) I have already taken a long walk with the kids (trudging thru snow) and am gonna do my yoga tape as soon as I feel unfull. Then my weight training program at night (top half of body today)
kat S.
on 3/11/05 1:33 am - nowhere, MI
Wow, I would be SO hungry if I ate your day of food- do you feel hungry? sometimes I think my pouch is too big or something I can eat so much more compared to other people. I am going to do the cottage cheese test because I swear something is up. Do you know how much cottage cheese I should be able to eat at this point? I just ate a salad that was probably four cups....... It worries me!
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/05 7:53 am - South of Boston, MA
Give it a whirl- it can't hurt. If I really stuff my pouch, I think I can eat about 6 oz or 3/4C of cottage cheese. Normally, 1/2C fills me totally up, and I stop, or I feel pukey, but I also can eat again within minutes/half hour/90 minutes, so I have to be careful. -beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/05 4:25 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding- Morning- 12 oz vanilla tea 1 oz CC Skim 1/2 slice toasted flax bread 1C sliced cucumbers Lunch- 32 oz orange Crystal Light/ice blended with 1 scoop GNC Whey Protein Vanilla Snack(s)- 2 Nitro Tech Carb Control Bites 1/2C watermelon 1 Quinoa Rice Syrup Crisp Wafer 32 oz orange Crystal Light Totals pre-dinner 687 12 65 79 beth....
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/05 7:06 am - South of Boston, MA
*WARNING* day shot to hell. Completely. Ah well. I would have been better off having not left the house today. I went to drive my baby-sitted child off, and pick up my oldest child at Girlie Scouts, and we had a drive-by Dunkin' Donuting. Normally, I'm good with my iced coffee, it's my special treat, and I got it. BUT WHY, TELL ME WHY I felt it necessary to also get the box of munchkins?! Was it the four children in the back of the car "You never let us get anything, we're being really goooooooooooooood..." Anyways- four munchkins later (AFTER having already outdone myself with the damn quinoa/sesame bar...) I'm way over carb limits. Eh. Here goes: Let's call it "dinner!" 4 donut holes (why the :angry: didn't I dump, huh?? :chair) -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views