Getting to know you questions/random/stolen...

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/05 2:18 am - South of Boston, MA
These are from the May 2005 board. Sssh. Thanks! _____________________________________________________________ Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! What type of music do you listen to ? What are your hobbies?
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/05 2:26 am - South of Boston, MA
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? *Hardly. I practiced violin, guitar and keyboard as a kid, could never stick to it. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? *One brother, two years older, never overweight until just recently with a back injury gained some weight. Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! *Nope. What type of music do you listen to ? *Anything, current faves are Joss Stone, Maroon 5, Train, John Legend, Usher, lots of top 40 stuff...BUT do not enjoy really *country*-ish (I get nauseated if I hear certain types, but I have like particular songs/artist, more of the cross-over stuff you could say...) or really intense *rap* (more because of the language than anything, censored, it's alright, ) What are your hobbies? *Reading, researching, learning, e-mail groups, message boards, walking outdoors , the beach, traveling, cooking, singing albeit badly, tap-dancing... -beth
Middlesgirl
on 3/10/05 3:17 am - Lansing, MI
Ok, I'll bite. Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? I play the piano, and am trying to learn the guitar. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? 2 sisters, relatively normal weight. 1 brother who is over 600 pounds. Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! I have met Tony Danza in NY getting out of a cab. I have also met Andre Agassi in FL at the Bolletieri (sp) tennis academy. What type of music do you listen to ? Everything but the ghetto rap. Love country, as well as dance music. What are your hobbies? I love to sing, and have taken up dancing as my cardio. I also love to do home improvement projects.
Dedicated
on 3/10/05 4:02 am - Eleva, WI
Here goes!! Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? I played the flute all through middle and high school. I played piano in grade school but never really liked that. Also played the oboe, clarinet, piccolo, sax and a little guitar. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? I have a sister that is 15 months younger than me. She was cute chubby as a baby and all her life. She's one of those women that can be 30-40 pounds overweight and still look good! Bit**!!! Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! MY SO is related to the guy who created the Dewey Decimal System! Does that count? What type of music do you listen to ? I like John Mayer, Matchbox 20, some opera, rock from the 70-80's. What are your hobbies? I clean up after my family mostly. Seriously, I'm a reading fool, I love to make quilts, I seem to like home improvement projects - as I keep tackling them!
kat S.
on 3/10/05 6:58 am - nowhere, MI
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? no, not really...... Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? three brothers, they are solid built and two have struggled with their weight (the other has a different bio-father) Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! The closest to famous is probably Anthony Keidas- sp? of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, also met members of Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkin. What type of music do you listen to ? I like Joni Mitchell, Bob Marley, Dave Matthews Band, Ani DiFranco..... What are your hobbies? Reading/researching health, gardening, horseback riding, herbal medicine
DianneW
on 3/10/05 9:34 am - Louisville, KY
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? Piano lessons as a kid, never really got it. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? 1 sister, is about 20 pounds over weight now, always dieting though, never heavier than that. Looks good to me. I honestly wouldn't know she was over weight if she didn't tell me. Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! No one What type of music do you listen to ? I'm going to show my age. Since I got Satelite TV I listen to 70's music all the time in the house. Never stuff I like is John Hiatt and Lucinda Williams (alternative country) and Jackson Browne is one of my all time favorites. Classic Rock is good. What are your hobbies? Reading, stained glass, painting, visual journaling, regular journaling, swimming, taking my dog for walks, writing poetry. Dianne Here is a Haiku I wrote today. Beauty flows through trees; Blanketed in snow and ice; Night draws near, sleep now. Dianne Weiss 3/10/05
Donna R
on 3/10/05 9:26 am - Paducah, KY
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? long long ago in elementry school i tried the violin... Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? two brothers and one sister Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? my older brother is a BIG guy and my little brother was big but lost over 100 pounds on WW my sister is a marathon runner and thin as can be, Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! I used to live in california and have been to the taping of MANY sitcoms, so if it was a sitcom between 1981 and 1985, i saw it in person. What type of music do you listen to ? country or oldies Donna What are your hobbies? reading and hopefully this spring and summer, making a flower garden.
lacmike
on 3/10/05 9:44 am - York, PA
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? I played the flute and the trumpet up until 7th grade. I just hated playing an instrument. I wanted to play sports. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? I have two brothers and two sisters.... I was always thin with wide hips. I did not get fat until i had my daughter. I am 5'8 1/2 Sister 1 age 35 is about 5'7 and weighs about 225 lbs. she was always stocky but not really fat until she got older and had a baby. She was like me, as soon as the first kid popped out 50 lbs stayed on. Sister 2 is about 5'7 also, and weighs close to 300 lbs, she has always been chubby and claims at age 33 she still has baby fat. My brothers really did not have weight problems. Brother 1 age 28 is about 5'10 and 200 lbs, but a lot is muscle He is a little overweight from drinking to much beer. Brother 2 age 26 is about 5'7 and weighs 160 lbs, when he graduated high school he did not even weigh 100 lbs, he was a skinny little thing. He packed his weight because he is a drunk and it is all alcohol related. Really he only needs to loose about 20 lbs and he would look awesome. Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! I guess the most famous person I met was Delta Burke, I worked for a department store in 1997 and she was introducing her new clothing line for full figured women, she asked me to be a model for her and do the runway show. That was my 15 minutes of fame. Delta told me that I was an all american beauty and one of the most attractive women she ever met and she told me to write her as she wanted me to be one of her models. I never pursued it. I swear to God this is true. I do know the band Alternative Rock band LIVE personally, because they went to high school with me. I actually know their siblings better because I was a senior when they were freshman. What type of music do you listen to ? I am lost in the Oh Mickey You're So fine 80's, I love Classic Rock music, Aerosmith, AC DC, KISS, Poison, any hair band. I could not tell you a current song if my life depended on it. What are your hobbies? I really do not have any hobbies, I love to play tennis but always did. I really would like to find one that I am good at. Lori 258/153/148
Donna Paige
on 3/10/05 10:23 am - Pottstown, PA
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? Guitar but can't play now. Too tough on the finger tips Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? I have three sisters and one brother. My next to the oldest is heavy too but no where near as large as me. Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! I met Rob Lowe. Literally bumped into him at the Homestead in Virginia. Gorgeous man. I also met the guy that played the father in twin peaks but unfortunately I didn't know who he was until he walked away from me. I talked to him for about 5 minutes or so at the Meeting House in Charleston, SC. What type of music do you listen to ? ALL kinds. I love the big band era, Love Country music, Classic Rock AC/DC, Ozzy. Grew up on them but you might find me listening to opera also. I love to dance so Nelly is also a fav. What are your hobbies? Dancing, Singing, Geneology, Collecting 17th & 18th Century Documents. I actually have one from 1410. I'm also very crafty. I love to scrap (of course when you are searching for family that pretty much goes hand in hand)
mikkozoe
on 3/10/05 8:11 pm - Conyers, GA
Do you now, or have you ever played a musical instrument? If so, what? Nope not now but did play paino for about a year way back when but never was any good Do you have any siblings? If so, how many, what gender? Also, do any of them fight the same challenges with weight? Nope only child ...and yes i guess i am spoiled to a degree LOL Have you ever met anyone FAMOUS? Who, when & where! I have meet Nsync,Backstreet Boys, Aaron Carter, Jessica Simpson and Nick Lacey, Edwin Mcain, New kids on the block, Mark Walhburg,I think that is about it ...i meet them all at hotels or autograph sessions or radio stations What type of music do you listen to ? I like top 40 , 80's hair bands and some country What are your hobbies? Lets see i read all the time ...Scrapbook...watch movies...and TRAVEL !!!! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views