Hi, new here, intro...

kat S.
on 3/9/05 9:47 pm - nowhere, MI
hello! I have been lurking and reading for about a month, finally just decided to get an acct and post. So I feel like I "know" all of you regular posters but you don't know me, so this is my intro I had surgery April 16 last year, and like everyone else it changed my life for the better. I am 30, a stay at home mom (which is hard on the grazing habit!) I started at 234 (at 5'2) and now am 140, sometimes 139. I have seen posts of people my height and weight already in the 120's...so I know I am not doing as well as I could be. I don't know how to feel about it- on one hand I am so happy and thankful and I feel really heathy and feel like I look great at this weight, but also know that 140 is still high for my height. I wear a size 8 or 9 which feels like a miracle! I do also anticipate getting farther our and knowing that its common to gain 10 pounds or so...so I would like to set my goal at 130 with 125 as the ultimate goal. I am here and hope to post often to keep myself accountable and to really get serious. Its dawned on me that the last pounds to the finish line will be ones that need to be worked hard for. I haven't lost any weight since x-mas, and while I did not worry about that for six weeks (just expecting another drop) its apparent to me that ain't gonna happen like it did the first six months LOL Its a whole new game now. I can eat a whole lot more than most, I don't know what is up with that. I really want to drop five pounds before my one year appointment. Ok, enough babbling from me Happy to meet you all
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 10:13 pm - South of Boston, MA
Glad you joined us... it's great to have more people here for support. Yes, we're in the hard part now. I'm having a HELL of time with the last 20 (or so, give or take, blah blah blah...) pounds. I've been up and down and back up for weeks/months. I'm getting truly serious right now because I've got a "realistic" goal in mind now, I have my one year appointment ON my anniversary date (4/5/2005) and on the 7th, we're leaving to go on vacation for a few weeks... I want to be FITTING and comfortable in my clothes that I already started accumulating... it occurred to me yesterday that at the rate I was going... I'd SPLOOTCH (yes, it's now a word!) out of them... So, back to basics, protein, water, exercise... I KNOW that I am going to lose weight on vacation, because my exercise factor is going to QUADRUPLE, we're camping in FL... so with the warmth, I'll eat less, walking everywhere... and living on portable protein and fresh fruit/veggies. If I can't pack it, I can't eat it. There won't be a stocked kitchen following me around with -10 degrees outside... -bethBeth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 148-151 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Luann S.
on 3/9/05 11:13 pm - Green Bay, WI
Kat welcome to the April board. Nice to have you hear. Please don't beat yourself up. Just think how well you've done on this diet compared to the ones you've previously been on. I think you should look at that as a success. Plus, a size 8. How long has it been since you've been that size? ( I ask myself that question to) I'm 5'4 and have been struggling to lose my last 10 lbs. I started at 254 and am down to 148. So, when I look at that I'm proud. Give yourself credit for the hard work you've done and keeping it up..... Have a great day. Luann 254/148
kat S.
on 3/10/05 1:27 am - nowhere, MI
thanks Luann, yeah, the surgery is nothing short of amazing and I am really happy. But I do know I could be doing better and instead of using that feeling to be down on myself (which I think is not a good feeling for promoting healthiness inside and out) I want to use it to empower myself to really try harder to get to my goal
mikkozoe
on 3/10/05 1:52 am - Conyers, GA
KAt Welcome ...Gald you finally decided to show your self LOL..And dont worrie i can eat tons compaired to the other ladies on here ...we are all different and we all lose at different speeds ...I still am at 88 and i dont think i will see 100 by my one year ..but that is ok .....Keep up the good work and cannt wait to get to know you better Laura
J H.
on 3/10/05 4:36 am - Houston, TX
Welcome Kat! Glad to have you here. I have lost 90 pounds since surgery(my preop weight not my highest). I still have 30 pounds to go...I am 5'3". I am happy where I am like you but also think about that bounce back weight.................I am hoping to get my rear in gear and lose some more and keep that yuck stuff off forever. Talk to you later, Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views