Old you vs. New you....

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 11:43 pm - South of Boston, MA
Share with us a day of eating from the "OLD YOU" days....?? What did you eat on a typical over-eating day?? I'll go first.... as embarrassing as this is! Hmm....I'll pick a really really bad kind of day....these were often, though... Breakfast- McDonalds- McGriddle Sandwich with Sausage, Egg, Cheese 2 Hash Browns 1 sausage biscuit Large Coffee/extra cream/extra extra sugar Snacktime- Diet soda, crackers, chips, anything.... Lunch- (generally at home... where I ate "better") 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, made with butter or leftovers of dinner the previous night, lots of pasta, rice.... Snacktime- Diet soda, candy bar, crackers, anything... Dinner- Large roast beef sub with mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles... Curly french fries dipped in mayo or ketchup Mozzarella sticks dipped in marinara Dessert- 1/2 pint Ben & Jerry's?! (thinking NY Super Fudge Chunk) Something on that idea.... UGH, I guess seeing this written out makes me feel better. -beth
Luann S.
on 3/9/05 12:42 am - Green Bay, WI
Beth......... Great topic !! Breakfast: (We have a cafeteria at work so it's too easy to cheat) Regular mt dew, maybe two cans hashbrowns, and a cheese & meat omlet a 'chocolate milk chug' Lunch: (At work) Cheeseburger with everything!!! Yum. Large order of french fries with a side of mayo, another Mt dew... Snack: Bag of choc covered peanuts, (hey protein or gummie worms or small bag of chips. Dinner: Some sort of fast food. I enjoyed Arby's, So I'd order two regular roast beefs with horsey sauce and curly fries with cheese.... And a chocolate shake. I'd snack in the evening probably something sugery like cookies... It's amazing how much pre surgery I ate........... Don't miss it one bit Luann 248/190/148
Dedicated
on 3/9/05 1:20 am - Eleva, WI
Breakfast - 2 orders of pancakes from mcdonalds OR 1 order + a ham/egg/cheese bagel. Large Coke Snack - usually a donut or bagel and another pop Lunch - Big Mac, Fries, Large pop, either a shake or yogurt parfait. Snack - 1 or 2 carmel cashew sundae's from Culvers Dinner - Hamburger (no bun), homemade fries, salad, milk Snack - bread with real butter, leftovers, ice cream (whatever handy). I would have 5-6 pops a day. Ugh. This wasn't even an over eat day for me. It was basically my overage 6,000 calorie day. No wonder I was so big.
bettyboop28645
on 3/9/05 1:42 pm - Lenoir, nc
BUFFETS BUFFETS AND MORE BUFFETS.....BREAKFAST BUFFETS, CHINESE BUFFETS, GOLDEN CORRAL, SHONEYS, ETC.... OCCASIONALLY STILL GO TO THEM, BUT ONLY GO TO THE BAR ONCE!! AMANDA 345/212/185 OR BETTER
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 9:39 pm - South of Boston, MA
Oh..... now there's something I haven't had since surgery........ The good old Chinese Buffet... I am so cheap, though, I hate paying for meals I don't finish... -beth The important thing is to strive towards a goal which is not immediately visible. That goal is not the concern of the mind, but of the spirit. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Josie C.
on 3/9/05 3:40 am - High Desert, CA
Scary thought! B = Rarely ate one, but if I did it was from a drive through...Sausage McMuffin (with cheese...no egg) L = Whopper w/cheese & extra onion, fries, and pie S = 3 oz Beef Jerky Nuggets or candy or ice cream D = On the weekend my favorite dinner was Pizza...about 1/2 of a loaded medium and probably 1/2 an order of cinnamon dots. On a regular day...leftovers...something loaded with rice or pasta...I loved pasta. About 4-6 Diet Cokes a day.
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 8:33 am - South of Boston, MA
I'm already seeing a pattern! -beth
DianneW
on 3/9/05 10:21 am - Louisville, KY
Breakfast - Mcdonalds - sausage biscuit, hashbrowns Snack - anything in the house - chips are the downfall Lunch - BicMac and Fries Snack - maybe more chips Dinner - probably pizza, maybe a whole large with extra cheese Snack - maybe more chips Oh and 3 -4 Dr. Pepper with sugar through out the day. Not exactly the same everyday, of course I dieted some of the time, but when I wasn't lots of fast food. Yuck. It feels good thinking of all the changes I've made even if I'm not perfect. Thanks Beth. Dianne 340/173/150
Shanna E.
on 3/14/05 3:08 am - Vancouver, WA
Wow, great topic Beth...sure puts it in prospective when you have one of those days post-op that you think you've eaten "so much" So, here's what I used to do to myself.. B: cressant breakfast sandwich, hashbrowns, OJ and french toast sticks S: muffin, danish or doughnut and large mocha L: Bacon cheese burger, large fries and coke S: chips S (for the drive home from work): cookies or candy bar S (while cooking dinner) toast with butter...at least 2 pieces or a few cookies D: Always a large piece of meat and potatoes or pasta or rice...if going out to a restaurant (usually Outback steak house) it would be appetizer of something deep fried..mushrooms...hey, its a veggie right...LOL Salad, steak, baked potato, bread S: and usually something sweet before bed...cookies or ice cream ugh, I feel sick....anyone wonder why I weighed over 400...I did at the time...LOL Shanna
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/05 2:47 am - South of Boston, MA
"ugh, I feel sick....anyone wonder why I weighed over 400...I did at the time...LOL" Isn't it bizarre how we really didn't GET it? I wish there were a way to bottle up that feeling and share it.... to avoid surgery.... ((hugs)) beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views