Weird Wednesday...

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 9:00 pm - South of Boston, MA
Please post your food journals here today.... ____________________________________________________________ Still up/gaining/whatever you wanna call it. Today must be a better day. It just has to be. I've given some thought to pre-preparing my daily alotted meals & snacks, and lining it all up to eat over the day... just to see if I can curb this grazing by planning. I figure if I was at "work" I'd be forced to do exactly THAT, right? I'd have a lunchbag packed everyday, just like my kids do, and that's all I get. Wondering if it might help for a while? This flying by the seat of my pants stuff isn't working. I'm gaining and losing the same pounds... repeatedly. I was 148, now up FIVE pounds? I took a *test*, BTW, negativethankgoodness...but it's still late... was due March 2nd. :sigh: Does anyone do this at home- pre-prepare food? I really need something to work, I've got to get closer to goal before my next doctors' appt.... I'm almost the same weight I was at 9 months again!?! Maybe I'll give it a whirl......... I dunno. Breakfast- 1/2C Hi-Lo Protein Cereal 2 oz Carb Countdown Skim 24 oz coffee 2 oz Carb Countdown Skim -Beth... One may go a long way after one is tired. ~French Proverb 313/298/148-153/130
Dedicated
on 3/8/05 10:32 pm - Eleva, WI
It couldn't hurt to pre-do your daily food. Then, once its gone, its gone and you know you are done! I have not been doing so hot with carbs and grazing the past month and it shows. I still up two pounds from my lowest so far, but I'm trying to stay positive and each day am re-committing to this. My biggest downfall has been lack of exercise. I have to get my arse moving.
DianneW
on 3/8/05 10:45 pm - Louisville, KY
Beth, I think it must be hard having kids in the house. When ever I buy carbs I wind up eating to much and throwing them away, last night I threw away some low fat wheat thins. I seem to have no control. I should no better than to buy them. I do best if I really am craving something to buy an individual snack pack at a gas station although some of them now are all giant size. My weight loss is definetly slowing down and I need to pick up the exercise and up my protien again. I'm starting to loose hair again which is weird. When I go to the primary doc Saturday I'm gonig to ask him to check my thyroid. It can't hurt. I still drink a protien shake almost every day, eat pistachios almost every day, plus get other protien at lunch and dinner. It seems like I should be getting enough. Oh well, I'm glad your test came out negative. I think the pre-planning is worth a try. Dianne 340/173/150
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 11:23 pm - South of Boston, MA
It is extraordinarily difficult having kids here. Mainly because I cannot deny them EVERYTHING. I've cut out so much of what they WERE having that what's left shouldn't be a problem to me, you know?! I don't even *keep crackers in my house, ever... besides non-trans fat grahams or something on that idea, because those are for the kids, I should "know better" than to touch them. My kids haven't touched a cheese cracker, ritz cracker, goldfish, etc.. since September... I just don't buy it. Truthfully, I don't even go down the aisles in the store- unless I need something in the cereal aisle, even then, it's wheat germ, oatmeal, grits, or low sugar cereals for the kids... The only thing I won't touch is the oatmeal, so they eat a lot of oatmeal needless to say. I cannot be trusted around a box of granola, or something like mini-wheats.... :::swoon::: I know I'll probably pay for this in the future with rebelling children who will want to eat nothing but Lucky Charms and Coke- but I need to do as much as I can NOW while they're still mold-able, you know?? My problem seems to be no matter WHAT is in the house, I find something to graze on. It could be the healthiest choice there is, and I'll still snack too much. I went yesterday and got some things at the health food store, and once again, had good choices, but had too much! Ugh. I wish they operated on my brain, too. -Beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 11:07 pm - South of Boston, MA
Yeah, I'm there with you on the exercise. Seems the more stressed I am the less exercise I actually do. Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Mary1977ok
on 3/8/05 11:00 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Does anyone feel like they eat like a pig? I mean I know I don't but to get the protein in at times it seems as if I am eating all the time? Breakfest Cup Go Lean Ceral 2 oz Skim milk 15 g protein 10 fiber 170 calories And a handfull of pills with water!
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 11:30 pm - South of Boston, MA
Oink! That's me! I've been calling myself a heifer, though, due to my grazing issues. Moo. I know a lot of it is just in my head, since I'm still eating so little comparatively to what I used to pack away, BUT... I need to use my tool correctly, or I will regain my weight. I know it. Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 148-154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 11:34 pm - South of Boston, MA
Adding- Snack- (though it's really a meal, too many freaking calories) 1 Nitro Tech Chocolate Crisp Bar (35G protein) Full. At least it wasn't granola or pretzels, right? Iced coffee 1 oz light cream Next up, diluted tea.....lots.... -beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/9/05 4:27 am - South of Boston, MA
Lunch- 1/2C total ground turkey in tomato sauce .5 oz mozzarella Snacking!!- 1C cantaloupe 2T Flax granola (splenda kind, low carb, high fat...) .25 oz pumpkin seeds 32 oz diluted tea Totals- Would be great if it weren't only 3:30pm!! 799 27 74 net lower 75 Beth
Luann S.
on 3/9/05 12:48 am - Green Bay, WI
Beth......glad to hear your test was neg. I bet that was worrysome for you. I agree, maybe it's a better idea to plan your meal and seperate them by days. I do that with my brk and lunch when I take it to work. I can imagine how hard it is to be home and not snack. I'm the same way at night. My support is with you!!! Pre brk: 20 oz coffee with creamer Brk: Swiss melt bagel (the whole thing) with veggie cream cheese. Dt Mt dew, uggg Lun: 3 oz crab sticks and 2 oz of cheese. Din: Not sure, probably chicken Luann
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views