Anyone else?

Ayleneb
on 3/8/05 12:11 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey ladies, I noticed yesterday when I was exercising on the walking machine that after about 10-15 minutes I started getting a pain in my left hip. It's almost a feeling like the leg and hip are separating, make any sense? I never had this kind of problem before...knees used to ache. LOL I'm only 33 so I don't expect these sorts of difficulties...anyone else? I'm trying to figure out who to talk to it about, my doctor or should I go straight to a chiropractor? I've had this happen three or four times in the last few weeks. Thanks for your feedback! Aylene lap RNY 4/13/04 278.8/174/150ish?
DianneW
on 3/8/05 12:44 am - Louisville, KY
I have bursitis in my hip and this is kind of what it feels like. Unfortunately there is not a lot they can do for it. Because we can't take anti-inflamatories (I do take Celebrex - bad for your heart I know) and tylenol arthritis. Put ice on it. Rest and if it continues see your doctor. I had to have a bone scan to diagnosis it. Unfortunately once you have it I think you have it forever. Sorry. Funny I never had it before surgery. Now I'm falling apart. Dianne 340/174/150
Dawn C.
on 3/8/05 1:38 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Dianne, You mentioned in an earlier post that you are having stomach problems. In this post you say you take Celebrex. If you do not take Nexium or zantac with your Celebrex that could be the culprit. A friend of mine is having an awful time because Celebrex is hard on the stomach. She has to take zantac with it and she is still having major problems. Fortunately she will be off the Celebrex in about a month. You may want to ask your surgeon about it. Good luck. Hope it's nothing serious! Dawn
Rae Smiles
on 3/8/05 9:00 pm - Mount Airy, MD
Hi, I have had the problem you describe for years...I am only 36...and have had it since I was about 16 yrs old. Recently, it has been getting worse, so my doctor is sending me for an MRI...had an x-ray too.... I find that up and down work is not as hard on my hips as sideway motion...so no step aerobics for me.....no side leg lifts...you get the idea... If you find something that helps, please pass it along.... RAE
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views