Yummy dinner idea...

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/05 4:57 am - South of Boston, MA
I made this tonight, and WOW, it's really really good....it's a close resemblance to one of DH's favorite dishes when we go out for dinner. Chicken Stuffed with Spinach & Ricotta with White Wine Okay, this is just how I made it, you could google a recipe for exacts... 6 pieces boneless breast of chicken, pounded to 1/4" 1 cup fat free ricotta cheese 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1/4 cup mozzarella 10 oz pack chopped spinach, thawed, drained very well Dollop egg whites (recipe called for 1 whole egg) Garlic, oregano, salt, pepper... I took all of the stuffing ingredients, and put them in my mini-Cuisinart, since the wee boy in my family won't touch a vegetable, he won't "see" that it's spinach leaves... I spread a layer of stuffing on each chicken boob, cover the entire piece of chicken, rolled it up and placed it seam down in a big pan. Secure with toothpicks if necessary, I didn't have to. Then, pour a 1/2C of white wine over the chicken.... Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes, covered with foil....remove foil, bake for another 10-15 minutes (or less****il chicken is no longer pink. When chicken is done, strain pan juice and serve with chicken... I didn't have enough fluid to do this, but what was left was so darn tasty... I just poured it into the serving dish... I made this with Dreamfields LC Penne Pasta and pesto cream sauce... ::swoon:: -beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/05 6:57 am - South of Boston, MA
......results--- he ate it!! And loved it!! He kept asking if it was "broccoli" and I said, "No, not broccoli, it's made with lasagna filling, remember?" He says- "Yeah, mom, I like that stuff!" Oh thank goodness this child is turning around! -beth (who didn't have any because she ate more %%$^#$ granola)
Shanna E.
on 3/7/05 9:21 am - Vancouver, WA
Man Beth, that sounds SO good!! Maybe it will work on my 3yr old too! Going to have to stop on my way home for some chicken boobies...LOL...thanks for the recipe! Shanna
DianneW
on 3/7/05 4:21 pm - Louisville, KY
That sounds wonderful. I'll have to try it. I love spinach and don't have kids, but I'll still try it. dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views