OT - Grad School interview this morning!

Larakatya
on 3/7/05 4:55 am - Twin Cities, MN
Good Afternoon, I had my interview at one of the grad schools today. I think it went really well, and I'm feeling very confident about the way I presented myself. For better or for worse, I was honest about who I am and where my interests lie. While I didn't to an extreme amount of self-disclosure, I was very genuine in presenting myself. So if they'll have a student like me, that I'll get in. If not, then something else is meant to happen. I should know about this one within the next 4 weeks. (I may know before I'm even done applying to the other school) Here's hoping that I get in and get started on this next wonderful stage of my life. I love this surgery - it has helped me become very focused and honest about what I want to get out of this life. It has given me a pattern of success to build off of. Even through the hard days (and there's been more than a few) I am so grateful that I made the choice to have this procedure because it gives me the confidence, stregnth, and determination to go for my dreams. Love and thanks to all, wherever they are on this journey, ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 Dr Drew - Minneapolis -Abbott NW 400+/192
(deactivated member)
on 3/7/05 7:01 am - South of Boston, MA
Congrats Lara! I have yet to hear about the program I applied to last month. -beth 313/298/148-152/130
Larakatya
on 3/7/05 1:04 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Beth, I'll be sure to mention your name when I'm saying my prayers to the gods of "getting in" - did you know there's almost as many "Getting in to college" support groups as there are for WLS? Huggles, ~Lara
DianneW
on 3/7/05 4:19 pm - Louisville, KY
Best of luck, I will keep you in my prayers. One thing I've been thinking about with all the talk of the prevention magazine article and the women at work talking about GB pt's. is that when you are making changes in your life to make sure you are meeting your goals and you are happy I think you are going to be less likely to gain your weight back. Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, but I really believe for me this has become a process of changing everything in my life. Not just my eating and weight. Good luck. I'm proud of you both! Dianne
aimeexx
on 3/11/05 5:48 am - Beaumont, CA
Good luck and best wishes! I am almost finished with my Masters' Degree in Education and Curriculum. It's been a long haul, but difinitely self-fulfilling!! I love school- I have my BA, 2 teaching credentials (multiple subject and single subject in history), and now my masters. Can you tell I love school? Aimee
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views