V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n... we're gonna have some fun, darnit.

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/05 9:59 pm - South of Boston, MA
We're going to Disney/Florida in April... for a long stretch. The in-laws fund this trip every year, and recently they've taken the kids sans us, last year I stayed home to have my guts rearranged. I had hoped to stay home this year and have my skin rearranged, but it hasn't happened. I've been dreading finding clothes to bring, since it's so cold/snowy here still, and trying on skimpy-er clothing that shows skin makes *my skin crawl. I went to Old Navy yesterday to start finding stuff, assuming I won't change much in the next 4 weeks. I found some great shorts and capris that seem to hide my leg issues, but goodness knows mama needs a TAN now. These are what I got: http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=200270&wpid=276282 http://www.oldnavy.com/asp/Product.asp?wdid=200271&wpid=292224 If you've got thigh issues- like I do, these shorts/pants definitely look okay --- they hide 'em pretty well. On a positive note- since I've been down about the weight swinging up... I was able to buy all size 8's in the bottoms. Tops, are another story, since I need sleeves, at LEAST normal length short sleeves, otherwise I look like I have a deformity up top on my arms. Anyways, I was happy about that.... Some of the size 10's I tried were actually WAY too big, that thrilled me. I bought one skirt, too... and that's a six... it was bigger all around... -beth ...............................................................................................
Ayleneb
on 3/5/05 10:14 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Good for you Beth! I actually live in Florida and though I'm looking forward to summer for the first time maybe ever (I won't be cold anymore!) I'm not looking forward to shorts. The loose skin on my upper thighs and upper arms is really gross because of the stretch marks it has dimples and...ewwww! It will be mostly capri's and lots of 3/4 length sleeves for a while I'm guessing. Hope you have a great trip! Aylene
LesaPurdy
on 3/7/05 8:47 pm - panama city bch, fl
I live in Florida too.. and well it is kinda cold here so don't get anything too skimpy..LOL it should be a tad bit warmer in april.. we are going on yet ANOTHER cruise in September( I love cruises) and the dresses I bought last year but didn't wear because I had lost all mt boobs..I will definitly wear this year...WOOHOO I reached goal in january 2005.. but are last cruise was Novemember.. but I was still in a med Jr's then.. now I am in a small.. but have quite larger breast.. I know what you mean at wanting to dress a little skimpier.. for me though.. a nice halter dress will be appropiate.. ( I am still kinda shy..LOL)
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/05 2:41 am - South of Boston, MA
April is way HOT in Florida! You're talking to someone who's been living under 2-4 feet of snow for months! -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views