Yummy recipe inside!!

thin_tyme
on 3/5/05 3:53 am - WY
Here is a recipe that I think that I got from obesityhelp site, don't exactly remember, but I will post it here like I received the recipe. It is really good, and my family liked it too. If you like caramel apples then I think that you will like this. I added walnuts instead of peanuts. Mechelle Carmel apple salad---(Lexie M. OH.com) --------------------- Whisk together: 1 tub cool whip (whichever kind you prefer Ü) 1 pkg SF butterscotch instant pudding (powder only) Stir in: 3-4 peeled and diced apples (I leave the skin on one apple for a little color in the salad) 1/2 c. chopped peanuts.
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/05 9:58 am - South of Boston, MA
Okay, this sounds awesome... buuuuuuuut..... cool whip? My kids would probably like it.... Hmmm..... I wonder if you could use real whipped cream instead? Cool Whip is just a nasty concoction of ingredients, as tasty as it *is, It's soo good, it's baaaaaaaaad... These are the ingredients for the "Cool Whip" fat-free.... note the hydrogenated oils, that's the bad bad stuff....the amounts of cals/fat/carb per serving size isn't bad, but who can eat just one little teaspoon of cool whip? Ingredients: WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN 2% OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). -beth
thin_tyme
on 3/7/05 3:16 am - WY
DA*N those ingredients. I need to get better at reading ingredients. I just see the word "lite" and think green light. Thanks for the reminder. Bummer, good experience though. I ned those reminders every once in awhile. Thanks Beth. (still was good) Mechelle
Larakatya
on 3/5/05 11:03 am - Twin Cities, MN
I make whipped cream out of heavy whipping cream, splenda and a titch of vanilla. I feel better about a little more fat in trade for no hydrogenated stuff, and no Corn Syrup. - but that's my food plan I wouldn't tell anyone else what to eat. OTHERWISE - this sounds kinda yummie! I wonder what the calorie count, and the serving size is. Thanks for posting it, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/05 9:48 pm - South of Boston, MA
Well, I sure did.... Sorry, girls... Of course that's what I was thinking too, that real dairy cream would be a better trade-off with our particular dietary needs... Looking for the best options, I don't mean to come off badly... we're in the same boat. -beth
MeganW
on 3/6/05 5:13 am - Richfield, MN
Huggles for my Beth! I get accused of doing it all the time. . .wasn't trying to make you feel bad. We're all trying as had as we can. I don't think you came off badly. HUGS, ~Lara
Larakatya
on 3/6/05 8:53 am - Twin Cities, MN
This was actually me. . .on a friend's PC. I'm a dork! Anyway. HUGGLES, ~Lara
thin_tyme
on 3/7/05 3:19 am - WY
Lara Alright, you and Beth got me. I'll give the heavy whipping cream, splenda, and vanilla a try. I wonder instead of adding the apples to the mix and just dipping apples in would be a little better, (of course made your way instead of all the hydrogenated stuff) Good reminder that I need to be a better label reader. Mechelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views