Sue B.- Suzy.... {{{{}}}}}

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/05 8:33 am - South of Boston, MA
I don't know if we're allowed to do this- but I just read on Sue B.'s profile update, this: {{{{{{{{{{SUE}}}}}}}}}}}}} *MEDICAL ALERT UPDATE* Susan was taken into the ER on Monday Feb 28th with severe stomach/abdominal cramping & chest pains. She was then taken by Ambulance to the hospital where her RNY was done. Dr. Chua has determined that there is a perferation or small tear in her intestines that is leaking air & gasses into her abodmen (which is NOT good). He was VERY hesitant to go in & operate because they could not find the actual location of the leak - so she was released from the hospital on the 3rd of March after 4 days in the hospital & is currently on Bed Rest until the 11th of March when she goes back in to see Dr. Chua & he can se how she is healing. They are hoping that the small leak will heal itself since they could not find out exactly where it came from.
Dedicated
on 3/4/05 9:35 pm - Eleva, WI
oh god. thats scary. prayers for her.
thin_tyme
on 3/4/05 11:42 pm - WY
I'm glad we have you Beth to keep us updated, thanks for this info. How scary. Sue you are in my heart and prayers. Mechelle
Larakatya
on 3/5/05 12:52 am - Twin Cities, MN
Pray pray pray Hug hug hug Thanks for keeping us updated sweetie. Sue feel better soon!!! ~Lara
Sue B
on 3/5/05 12:04 pm - WI
Hello - I am not dead (yet) but wish I was! This pain is SO terrible I wish I were just put out of my misery! My DH has told me I have 10 minutes on his laptop then it is back to laying down ... The most frustrating thing is that they cannot determine what caused this & where the leak is ... I am back on liquids & my body isn't tolerating them very well - it may just be nerves (I sure hope). After 10 months you would think I would be all healed up ... My Dr. was VERY surprised to see me in there & he is also ballfled as to how, why & when this happened. They hope that it is just healing on it's own & that is why I am on bed rest - I am taking antibiotics & pain pills .... PLEASE let them work! I urge everyone to take all and every pain seriously! This started as a chest pain that of course was misdiagnoised ... then the pain went into my abdomen ... which is when we ran to the ER. Thank you BETH for letting people know about what was going on. I hope to be able to post later & I will after my Dr appt for on Friday. Thank you for your good thoughts! Sue 318/186/180 PS - I gained 8 pounds in IV fluid in my 4 days there ... Just when I was on a losing streak ... LOL Oh well at least I am alive!
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/05 9:17 pm - South of Boston, MA
How bizarre?!!? I hope it heals, like immediately! {{{Sue}}} -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out