Oh Beth this is for you!!!

thin_tyme
on 3/4/05 4:50 am - WY
Thank you so much for posting about the new Begelow Tea, Vanilla Caramel. I just got my package today and immediately opened it up and brewed some..sssssssssssoooooooooooo here is to you , You have saved me from coffee. I can truly substitute this tea for my a.m. coffee. Love to hear when anyone finds something new, keep em coming. Mechelle 283/164/140
Larakatya
on 3/4/05 5:07 am - Twin Cities, MN
I asked them to make it in decaf, and they suggested to reduce the caffine content brew it once, throw it out, then brew the same bag a second time. It reduces the caffine content by 80% They are also sending me samples of the new fruit teas just for asking! Thanks Beth! ~Lara
thin_tyme
on 3/4/05 11:34 pm - WY
Hi Lara Oh yea, it still has caffeine in it, duh, ( one of my senior moments) So to help reduce the caffeine in it I actually brew it and throw out that wonderful smelling cup of tea? Would it work if I diluted it more with water? I don't know. Glad to know that they will send you samples of new teas. Did you call them or email the request? Thanks Lara Mechelle
Larakatya
on 3/5/05 12:24 am - Twin Cities, MN
They do have one vanilla flavor that is decaf. Yes, brew it and toss it. Be strong. No, you can't just dilute it. I email'd them from off of the website. Hugs for you, ~Lara
thin_tyme
on 3/8/05 3:05 am - WY
Lara I did it!! I was strong. Made the first cup of tea, dumped it out and made the second. Not too bad. But I can handle it. Mechelle
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/05 8:00 am - South of Boston, MA
Okay, then, if you like that kind- try the Vanilla Chai, Vanilla Almond & Vanilla Hazelnut!! I've been busy with the teabags! You're welcome... I love finding new stuff. I'll be sure to post more finds, then... I really enjoy it. :::brewing MORE as we ::: B e t h _______________________________________ when it rains it pours and opens doors and floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry -train ________________________________________ HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 149 GWR- 114/151 Journal- http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ Pix- http://community.webshots.com/user/msooyl Email- [email protected] IM- bethlbutterfly
thin_tyme
on 3/4/05 11:39 pm - WY
I have got to finish this load of vanilla caramel first. I had to buy 6 boxes. I don't think that I could have bought less on theri website. Of course I could buy less if it was sold in my local store, but it's not. ok vanilla chai vanilla almond vanilla hazelnut are on my list. Thanks. P.s. I suppose the caffeine content in tea is about the same as it is in coffee, I just really traded caffeine for more caffeine, just a different flavor. Now to try Lara's suggestion. I hope that things on the homefront are going well. Mechelle
Ayleneb
on 3/5/05 10:16 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Somebody do the research (I have midterms next week and no time sorry!)...but tea has alot less caffeine than coffee. So, either way it's definitely an improvement. Aylene
Dawn C.
on 3/6/05 5:46 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Caffeine - Coffee vs. Tea This is the info I got from my surgeon. Coffee ( 5 oz serving) Brewed, drip method 115 mg Brewed, decaf 3 mg Tea (5 oz. serving) Brewed, major US brands 40 mg Brewed, imported brands 60 mg Decaf 1 mg I did see one of the Vanilla flavors in decaf on Bigalow's website. I did not even see the Vanilla Caramel at our local supermarket. I haven't checked any other places. As many of you may remember my surgeon doesn't allow caffeine (her theory is that it contributes to ulcers) so I stick with decaf or herbal drinks. Dawn 287/195/165
thin_tyme
on 3/8/05 3:08 am - WY
Dawn Thank you for the info on the caffeine. Interesting on the ulcers, makes sense to me. I have switched to the tea, taken Lara's suggestion. When I am finished with all this tea I have bought I will opt for caffeine free. Thanks again for taking the time. Mechelle 283/162/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views