No where near goal

cawshells
on 3/4/05 2:10 am - Baltimore, MD
I've read so many postings recently how so many of you are less than 20 pounds from goal, meanwhile here I sit with more than 80 before goal. My surgery was April 28th so I have almost 2 full months but no way will I be even close to my goal. Makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. My surgeon is happy with the pace of my weight loss between 10 and 16 lbs. each month but it doesn't seem to compare with the majority. I started at 341 and last weigh in I was 229.
Robin D.
on 3/4/05 2:50 am - Trempealeau, WI
I was 260 before I started. I'm at 185 now. I lost all my weight the first 6 months. The past four months I've lost 4 pounds only....two pounds of that was fat. I'm feeling like a failure. I see others who are much thinner than I. I even ate a donut today cause I feel so depressed....not a good thing. I am constantly hungry and thinking about food all the time. I am so scared I'm gonna gain this back. SIGH.
Larakatya
on 3/4/05 3:39 am - Twin Cities, MN
Extra hugs for you! The constant hunger is quite possibly thirst - I get that a lot too. Keep fighting the good fight - you started at a lower weight, and that means you get to be a more slow paced loser. It'll keep coming off if you keep following your plan, and kick up some exercise. YOU'RE NOT A FAILURE!!! **big HUGS** ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/05 2:51 am - South of Boston, MA
Carole- You've lost 112 lbs!! You started out higher, so you've just got more to go, that's all. The amount you've lost in the same time frame is just about the same as the rest of us. If you're losing 10-16 lbs a month, that's fast, girl! Some of us would kill for that- I mean it. I've got 19-20 lbs to goal, and it may very well take me a flipping YEAR to lose it at this rate (stall for 6-8 weeks, lose, stall....) My husband started out the same weight as you- had surgery two weeks after you, and isn't to goal either, and won't be for his one year anniversary. B e t h _______________________________________ when it rains it pours and opens doors and floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry -train ________________________________________ HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 149 GWR- 114/151 Journal- http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ Pix- http://community.webshots.com/user/msooyl Email- [email protected] IM- bethlbutterfly
Larakatya
on 3/4/05 3:37 am - Twin Cities, MN
You're kicking most people's butt if you're still averaging 10-16lbs a month! The window for good losing doesn't really close until 18 months - and even then you can slowly/stedily lose if you keep at it. You're doing PHENOMINALLY well! Don't get down on yourself. Keep fighting the good fight. Huggles, ~Lara
Dedicated
on 3/4/05 4:18 am - Eleva, WI
I still have a little over 60 to goal. Your monthly loss is far better than mine!!!
Josie C.
on 3/4/05 5:36 am - High Desert, CA
Carole, You are not alone...I am so far from my personal goal and still quite a distance from my surgeons goal too...just keep plodding away...we will make it... My goal...128lbs Surgeons goal...180lbs Current weight...stuck between 248-245lbs Hang in there...I'm hanging with you. 343/330/248-245/128
cawshells
on 3/6/05 10:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thank you all for your encouragement. I really needed to hear that I'm not as off the mark as I thought I was. Sometimes when you start reading the postings you think you aren't in the stream of things and question yourself. Its great to know there are encouragers out there that will give you the boost you need at just the time you need it. Thanks everyone!!!
J H.
on 3/13/05 11:10 am - Houston, TX
Carole, How are you doing? I just read your post and wondered. I understand your frustration...I have lost 5 pounds since Oct. 28....lousy loss!! However, I am not giving up....I have thirty pounds to goal (135 lbs.) and I WILL do it. In fact, tonight I am researching and discovering/putting together an eating plan for myself. Hang in there, girl..........we can do it together, Joan
cawshells
on 3/14/05 6:19 am - Baltimore, MD
Thank you Joan for checking up on me. I go back to my surgeon tomorrow so I will know better whether I'm doing well or not. I only weigh myself once a month at the surgeon's office so I don't get obsessed with the daily ups and downs of the scale. I have to admit though, I'm not as structured with the eating as most posts. I just eat normal foods just not a lot of it. My surgeon is happy with my lean muscle mass so I have long stopped the protein drink. As long I keep losing fat and not muscle I'm satisfied.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views