GOT A DATE!!

Debra S.
on 3/1/05 9:50 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
I am having PS on 3/29 - going to fill out all the paperwork on the 14th and get my markings done on the 28th. I am so excited about going through with this - I am having my upper arms done, TT with lipo and hernia repair. My insurance company is covering the hernia but not the TT. I am going to pay for it out of pocket and let insurance send me a check for the hernia repair. I will keep everyone posted on recovery and progress once I am able to get back on the computer. I love reading all the posts from everyone each day. I just love the support that everyone gives to each other and it makes this road alot easier to travel. 277/185/?? after PS
jennann
on 3/1/05 10:11 pm - Bonifay, FL
WTG I can't wait till I get to the point where I can have PS... I have loads of skin... I will keep you in my thoughs and prayers... Keep us posted on everything... I'm just now starting to check on everythin.. I've been talking pics of rashes or any problems I have do to the skin hanging... GOOD LUCK Jennifer 274/160/135
Jillybean
on 3/1/05 11:51 pm - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
WTG! I can't wait to get to the plastic surgery stage but to have it covered I can't even get looked at until I've been at goal for at least 6 months. Let us know how it goes! I'm so excited for you! Jill 288/165/150
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/05 12:18 am - South of Boston, MA
Already- wow?! How did you manage that? Is it because you needed the hernia repair anyway? I've been told I might need to be at goal for six months first.... ARGH.... -beth 313/298/149/130
Debra S.
on 3/2/05 1:25 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
I have been at the same weight for about six months. In January, I talked to the plastic surgeon and questioned waiting the full year after surgery but I guess since I had been stable for so long he thought I was the perfect candidate for PS. He said I had things going for me - I had lost just enough weight in 92 pounds, was young (35) because he said to look at me know I don't look like I was ever obese and that I am in good physical condition for recovery. I am very excited and will keep everyone posted on my progress. I just got a post from the PS board from someone that was stable at 185 and size 14 and had a TT six weeks ago to now be 165 and a size 10 still with swelling to lose. That is what I have to look forward to and it makes me jump with joy! Thanks again everyone for your wonderful support.
(deactivated member)
on 3/2/05 9:11 pm - South of Boston, MA
I am green with envy! WTG... I hope it all goes well. I definitely look like I was obese, I actually still technically *look obese *because* of the skin! If they could remove 20 lbs of skin/fat from me, (like the person you mentioned above) I'd be at goal! Hey, that sounds good to me... I think my problem is that I gained so much weight so very fast and had three babies at the exact same timing (6 years total from gain to loss), my skin couldn't hold out... and won't dare shrink back. Everybody kept telling me, "But, you're young, it'll bounce back..." HA! I look like I have had septuptlets! The only place that is unharmed by my former self is my neck up... go figure! I have an app't for April 28th with one of the team of surgeons at my hospital to see if PS is even an option... and how long it will be before I can do it, if insurance covers it. -beth HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 149 GWR- 114-151 Down 149 lbs since surgery, 19 lbs to goal! Starting size 26/28 - Current size 8/10 - Goal size 4/6 (I seem to be somewhat -don't pu**** petite-boned, actually, who knew?!)
Larakatya
on 3/2/05 12:51 am - Twin Cities, MN
Congratulations!!! I'm part of the "six months stable at goal" brigade, so I'll be cheering for you from the sidelines. Perhaps by October I'll be ready to go. Keep us posted on how you're doing as you enter the second surgical phase of this journey. HUGGLES, ~Lara 400/192/190 (LOTS of skin as someone bigger than I am now used to ride shotgun in it!)
DianneW
on 3/2/05 8:14 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Dianne 340/174/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out