YOU"VE LOST ENOUGH!!

Donna R
on 2/28/05 1:25 am - Paducah, KY
I never thought I would have heard this but in the last few days 3 people have told me I don't need to lose anymore and even my husband said I did not need to lose more and to wait until after my hernias were repaired to think about losing more. also I was grocery shopping with my 15 year old daughter(she is my angel too), I have not told peole that i had surgery, they think I just went on Atkins or something like that. anyway we were shopping and this girl my daughter knows said hi to her so we stopped to talk, my daughter told the girl. who is about 19 that I was dragging her out today... well the girl "noticed" me standing there. she looked at me and her eyes got huge... she goes "wow youve lost a lot of weight" she had not seen me in about a year so it was kind of a shock... after we walked away my daughter turned to me and said. "See. people are not being rude to you, they just dont reconize your anymore!!! Donna
Dedicated
on 2/28/05 1:47 am - Eleva, WI
Thats soooo cool!
Middlesgirl
on 2/28/05 3:30 am - Lansing, MI
Ya know what I find amusing, is how easily people feel the need to comment on our weight. First, when we were heavy, it was "Wow, you are really getting unhealthy, you really should lose some weight." *amidst the snickers and disgusted looks, that is* Now, people feel they need to tell us we are getting too thin. What gives? My family has been doing that as well. I know they have never seen me this thin, but come on, I will stop losing when I am comfortable with where I am. It just amazes me. I am still at least 15 lbs to goal, and plan to get there whether or not everyone thinks I am too thin. Congrats on your weight loss!
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/05 5:13 am - South of Boston, MA
Cause for celebration! -beth
ruthdebra
on 2/28/05 11:59 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Donna - I've been told this by a number of people too and I actually don't like it at all. Of course - I am a control freak. And people have said that they don't want my face any thinner. Etc. My main reaction is "this is my decision to make, not yours." or "MY body will tell me when I'm finished losing." Yes - my wrinkles are showing more now that they are not puffed out with fat. My face looks 60, but that's what I am. I am what I am. And my body is still round and I do not look nor am I anorexic. As I said - my body, my decision. Ruth
Classy M.
on 3/1/05 3:42 am - inglewood, CA
wow !! blessings
Jillybean
on 3/1/05 4:44 am - Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC
Thats awesome!! Congrats!! I've been hearing that I shouldn't lose any more weight either. I'm still 15lbs to goal. To be honest, I wouldn't even know how to gain weight at this point (not that I need to). My body will regulate itself and I'll stop losing when I'm at a healthy weight for me. I think people just notice that there is such a huge difference, and compared to what I used to be, I'm very thin. However, by any normal standards, I'm not thin. I look about average. Jill 288/165/150
Donna R
on 3/1/05 1:02 pm - Paducah, KY
Thank you all for answering, I do think one of the reasons people say we have lost enough is because they have never seen us thin, I am still overweight on the doctors charts. Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views