How much can you eat?

Middlesgirl
on 2/24/05 2:01 am - Lansing, MI
Ok, barring the cottage cheese test, , how much can you guys eat at one time? I'm not trying to overeat, by any means, just wondering if I am having a stricture.
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/05 2:57 am - South of Boston, MA
Depends on the food- really... cottage cheese is the best way to test, but I'm full right now, can't try it... Umm... this morning, I ate a quarter-cup of protein cereal with a quarter-cup of skim CC milk and was STUFFED. Just a little while ago, I ate about a half-cup of cucumbers and a half-cup of watermelon, till I was full-feeling. Normally, I can eat about 2-4 oz of solid (animal) protein before I feel like I'm going to retch. I can eat about 4-6 oz of cottage cheese or yogurt at a time. I can eat about 3/4-1 cup of semi-solid food, like chili, chunky soup. Are you getting "stuck"? Is your food coming back up? {{hug}} -beth
Classy M.
on 2/24/05 3:43 am - inglewood, CA
for me it depends on the day and the mood of ma pouch. i'm sure tho i could mostly polish of the smallest one with no prob. . hope u don't have a stricture. blessings
Middlesgirl
on 2/24/05 4:56 am - Lansing, MI
I don't get sick as much as I used to, but in reading everyone else's posts, it amazes me how much people can eat. Someone had mentioned mozz sticks, and can eat three of them at one time. I can eat like 1/2, and am feeling very full. With chicken, I can eat the equivalent of 1/2 of a "tender", and am full. I couldn't eat an entire half of any kind of sandwich with exploding. I remember someone on another board being 6 months out and was able to eat an entire footlong subway sub in 45 minutes. I couldn't eat that in a day, let alone 45 minutes. And at this point, why would we want to... I'm not terribly concerned about the amount, I guess, more so just wondering how everyone else is faring. I am very restrictive with what I eat, and am probably one of the pickiest people there is. The thought of certain things just make me feel .
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/05 8:46 am - South of Boston, MA
Erin- Mozzarella sticks (string cheese, not breaded stix) are probably a good way to measure pouch volume too, I'd imagine... One stick is usually 3/4 oz to 1 oz. Yogurt, if you eat it fast enough to get FULL is a good measurement too... Chicken is a very iffy food for me, and I can only eat it in quantity if it's thinly sliced aka deli-thin slices, or shredded into tuna-like bits. Otherwise, it's about 1 oz and I'm done. I wouldn't touch a chicken tender, I don't eat fried or battered food. I *did try chicken-by-product nuggets from McDeath months & months ago, and was able to eat 3 before feeling ill. My husband was craving some good old fashioned grease a while back, so he ordered a kids' meal...ate a small amount of chicken and about 1/2 serving of kids' fries and vomited the entire ride home! So pleasant! I wouldn't dare eat a 1/2 sandwich, no matter what. Bread swells in my pouch and I haven't had any beyond the crispy-toasted 1/4 piece slices in the first few months, and a few occasional carb-lapses of toast. A Subway Sandwich- ha! A waste of money for me. You can order any sub as a salad, so that's what I do. Even then, it's about a cup of greens and that's it. If I have a sub sandwich in front of me, first thing I do is throw the bread away- pick out what I CAN eat, and eat it. That means, usually, lettuce, pickles, olives, turkey/ham/beef, cucumbers... no mayo no nuttin'. DH does eat sandwiches, but only ever 1/2, of any type. Lately, he's hooked on LC wraps, and he can eat 1/2 wrap with filling (turkey usually) -Beth 313/298/149-151/130 -Bob by default 360+/340/205/175
Sue B
on 2/25/05 5:32 am - WI
I can eat about 1/2 cup of something at a time & feel full & Comfortable .... Sue 318/188/180
lacmike
on 2/25/05 10:59 am - York, PA
My God I feel like a pig next to all of you. Some days I can eat more than others and it also depends how much I drank that day. I usually measure about three ounces of meat, an ounce of vegitables/fruit for my dinner. I guess I can eat about 3/4 cup to an entire cup at a time. I am able to almost a small cheese steak. Now I do not do it every day but I have done it twice in the past three months. It takes me about an hour and a half to eat a cup of yogurt. I just fill my plate like this.... a piece of meat about the size of my knuckles, a heaping tablespoon of veggies or fruit, and I am quite content. Lori 258/155/148
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views