Depressed!

Just Janice
on 2/23/05 10:42 am - Houston, TX
HUGS DIanne!!! I know exactly how you feel...In 2003, the very day I finished the nursery for my son (who was born 1 week later), my husband came home from work late. I showed him, with pride, the baby's room, to which he responded, "Don't get used to it. We are moving to Houston." Can you say devestated? It is so hard to pick up and move, leaving friends and family behind!!! I feel for you and your situation, as it is not a fun and happy one. It wasn't until I got out, went to support groups, went to church, that I started making friends. In the past 10 months, I have made more good friends than I ever thought I would! I remember sobbing to DH that I was hated TX, but what I was really hating was the lack of companionship...get yourself out there, WOMAN! You are wonderful and will have no problem making friends!!! Keep us updated! Janice PS The state boards are great..don't forget to edit your city/state in your profile so they know you are local!
DianneW
on 2/24/05 6:27 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Janice. I'm going to try and go to church this Sunday. Dianne
J H.
on 2/23/05 9:45 pm - Houston, TX
Dianne, How hard it must be. I have never moved before in MY LIFETIME. I have always lived in the same place. I definitely think you should the support group thing...but even more importantly in my mind..........please go to church on Sunday and get involved there......you will definitely meet people and theoretically, hopefully, some darn nice ones. Scout out new friends quickly, good luck and I will be thinking and praying for you, Joan
DianneW
on 2/24/05 6:28 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Joan, I appreciate the support. Dianne
Renee W.
on 2/23/05 10:33 pm - Greenville, SC
I'm sorry to hear that you are depressed but going to a support group and church is a good idea on how to meet new people . Keep your chin up girl
DianneW
on 2/24/05 6:30 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Renee! Dianne
Rachelq
on 2/24/05 12:56 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Dianne, I'm sorry you are lonely in your new place. Going to church is a great idea. May I also suggest taking on a 5 or 10k race. It is a great to meet healthy, like minded people. Plus training will keep you busy. Good luck, Rachel
DianneW
on 2/24/05 6:32 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Rachel. I don't think I could run 5k, maybe 1 mile. It's been a long time since I tried. It's something to think about. Dianne
Classy M.
on 2/24/05 3:37 am - inglewood, CA
i'm sorry Dianne . i'm sure things will get better b/c from what i know of u on this board ur a very strong, smart woman. welp, jus remember u still have us here, we are certainly not going anywhere. blessings . & hugggggggggggs
DianneW
on 2/24/05 6:33 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks, I appreciate the support! Dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out