Depressed!

DianneW
on 2/23/05 7:34 am - Louisville, KY
I'm feeling Depressed and lonely. I know I've only been here three weeks and it's normal not to have any friends but I really miss St. Louis and all my friends there. It's not the same talking to people on the phone. I like my job, but feel really overwhelmed with everything else. The weird thing is I don't want to eat at all. It's actually a little scary. Before when I've been depressed I always used to binge, now I'm not hungry at all. I'm trying to find a doctor to do my followup appt. in April and I'm going to go to the surgery support group here in March and may try to go to church Sunday. I've got to try and meet some people. Dianne 340/175/150
Donna Paige
on 2/23/05 7:45 am - Pottstown, PA
Ahhh Diane, I hate to hear you are soooo depressed. I know how you feel. I moved to Pennsylvania from North Carolina 6 years ago and left my 16 year old in North Carolina. It was the worst time of my life and that is when I gained the 180lbs back that had lost plus the extra 20lbs. The good news is that you aren't turning to food for comfort. Sounds like you have the right idea to meet new people. Support groups are great and you definitely cannot go wrong with Church. You hang in there. I know it can be tough. BTW, way to go on the weightloss. OH yeah and don't forget to SMILE!!!!!!!!!!
DianneW
on 2/23/05 9:55 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Donna, it's always nice to talk to other people who have moved before so they can make me feel normal. That had to be hard leaving your 16 year old. I have lived in St. Louis all my life and I'm really shocked I had the courage to do this. I am smiling, thanks to your note. Thanks for the support. Dianne
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/05 8:44 am - South of Boston, MA
{{{{{{{{{{{{Dianne}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You're in a big transition still..... shrinking away and having moved away..... it's very normal.... Be good to yourself... Get to the support group...find some local peers... it would be very good for you... beth when it rains it pours and opens doors and floods the floors we thought would always keep us safe and dry http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ 313/298/149/130 -149 lbs since surgery!
DianneW
on 2/23/05 9:57 am - Louisville, KY
I will definetly go to the support group and find some local peers. Thanks for the support. Dianne 340/175/150 -165 since surgery
DianneW
on 2/23/05 9:58 am - Louisville, KY
I will definetly go to the support group and find some local peers. Thanks for the support. Dianne 340/175/150 -165 since surgery
Shanna E.
on 2/23/05 8:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Dianne, Have you tried going on the message board for the state that you are in now? Maybe there is someone there that you could get together with...just an idea. The depression is totally understandable, the change to a new town, new job is hard and stressful! Hang in there sweetie! Shanna
DianneW
on 2/23/05 9:59 am - Louisville, KY
That is a great idea, I will try that thanks. Dianne 340/175/150 -165 since surgery
Larakatya
on 2/23/05 8:50 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hugs for you Dianne, It is so difficult to pick yourself up and move far away from all you know and love. You sound like you're doing your best to keep your attitude positive, and you know what you need to do to feel better. You'll meet people, but until you do work hard to put yourself out there among people. Go to coffee shops, or church or socials or singles functions. Perhaps a gym would be good to meet people. I'll be praying for you. ~Lara
DianneW
on 2/23/05 10:01 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Lara, The support helps. I will report back at the end of the weekend what I've done to try and put myself out there a little more. Dianne 340/175/150 -165 since surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views