Incisional Hernia

Sissy N
on 2/22/05 2:49 am - Hesperia, CA
Just got back from the doctor and yes, I have an incisional heria It is really noticable when I cough or sneeze, kind of like an alien trying to escape my body That's the bad news. The good news my doctor said that I now qualify for a TT with a hernia repair and my insurance will cover it. She is going to refer me for this but not until I get to her goal of 130-140 lbs. That's the motivation I needed my goal is to have it done by my 37th birthday this summer Excited but now scared - I have to wear a support wrap when I exercise and keep an eye on it so I don't have any type of intestional strangulation but I can do it. Good and Bad News all in one day Sissy 280/169
Dedicated
on 2/22/05 3:58 am - Eleva, WI
Mixed blessing! I'm almost hoping for a hernia, just for the tt assistance. That sounds terrible, but its true. Good luck to you.
Sissy N
on 2/22/05 6:05 am - Hesperia, CA
You're right it is a mixed blessing. I didn't think I would ever qualify for a TT but what a way to get it Just gotta get back to the basics so I can lose the 30 pounds to be referred, unless it gets to painful prior.....fingers crossed it doesn't. Sissy
thin_tyme
on 2/22/05 11:51 am - WY
Double ditto on the mixed blessings. I am glad for you that you will get a TT. Keep us posted how it's going. Take care Mechelle
Carol P.
on 2/22/05 11:01 pm - Oxford, AL
Its nice to know Im not a psycho when I was excited to hear I had a hernia.....lol. My Dr. repaired an umbilical hernia, that we didnt know I had, during my WLS. So, when I went for my consult for my TT and the plastic surgeon looked at me like I had requested a full body makeover....knowing my stomach sits in my lap...lol. I was thinking "what a sicko I am to wish my Dr. hadnt repaired my hernia...lol. He did tell me that I had an umbilical hernia...a different one...around where the other one was repaired. Anyway, on my "walk of shame" back to the car, I remembered that a TT is normally covered during a hernia repair. Soooo, Im springing this on my Dr. when I go for my visit next month. That hernia definitely needs repairing...lol. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views