Bad Day

Dawn C.
on 2/21/05 9:15 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Yesterday was a bad day. When I got to work I found out that a co-worker passed away on Saturday. She had been fighting cancer for a year and lost the battle. The really sad thing is that she was only 48 and has 2 small children - 4 and 6. The older one is mentally handicap. She also had a grown daughter and 2 grandchildren. I don't know how her husband is going to handle the kids alone. All of my co-workers are in shock. She has been off for a few weeks but we did not know how fast the cancer had progressed. So yesterday I totally fell off the wagon. I had a bag of popcorn and I am not sure how many girl scout cookies. Today is the viewing and it will be another hard day but I am getting back on track and drinking extra water to flush all the salt out of my system. Please pray for my friend's family. Thanks, Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/05 9:49 pm - South of Boston, MA
{{{{{{{{take care}}}}}}}}}}}} beth
Just Janice
on 2/21/05 9:50 pm - Houston, TX
Dawn- Prayers are going up for your friend and her family...also, for you. I know how hard it is to deal with stressors without the aid of food now. DOn't forget, food was our comforter for how long? Always there to help us along in times of need? YOu didn't fall off the wagon, just leaned off the side a bit. We are here to pull you back on board. Heck...we'll even let ya drive the wagon if ya want!!! Today, and tomorrow for that fact, are new days. DOn't beat yourself up for things like this...life is too short.... Love ya! HUGS!!!! Janice
Dedicated
on 2/21/05 10:23 pm - Eleva, WI
How awful. Honor your co-worker by taking good care of your body today.
thin_tyme
on 2/22/05 11:47 am - WY
Amen to what Janice and Tina posted, great post girls. Dawn I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers. As well as you. I am sorry for your pain. I am proud of you though, you know that you need to get back on track and you did not lie to yourself.. You shared with us and that was positive. Hang in there Dawn Mechelle
Dawn C.
on 2/23/05 1:57 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for your support! I did okayfoodwise yesterday. I just got back from the funeral. It was hard but I am glad I went. I knew I could count on you guys to help me through. Thanks again Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views