Starbucks Confession

Sissy N
on 2/21/05 7:27 am - Hesperia, CA
I've been struggling with the same 5 pounds now for the last 2-3 months and it has been killing me Well, I've been rewarding myself for exercising and following the plan by treating myself to STARBUCKS Never, thought to look at the nutrition guide until today I've been having the skinny decaf mocha frappuccino and its 530 calories 160 fat calories 84 total carbs 69 GRAMS OF SUGAR The first couple of times I drank them (over 2 hours) had some nausea, but overlooked that as dumping. Thought it was what I ate earlier in the day not my delicious drink. I can't believe I have been doing this to myself. Now I've built up my sugar tolerance which I never wanted to do. What an idiot I've good-bye the Starbucks for LIFE! Back on track...painful lesson learned Sissy 280/165....now 170
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/05 10:25 am - South of Boston, MA
Sissy, And, they call that the SKINNY! Yikes... Just imagine the content in the regular drinks.... YOWZA! Anyhow, do remember that MILK has a very high sugar content... so perhaps a lot of that was milk sugars? I'm going to look it up now, cuz I am curious... http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverages.asp I've never had one of those drinks, I was a die-hard sugar-free vanilla latte girl, or regular coffee with a shot of espresso (which is my regular drink these days, I don't "do" milk... if I can help it...) You live you learn... glad you didn't get really sick, though... You don't have to swear of the Starbucks'- though... make your own combo... coffee, milk, sugar free syrup... -beth Coffee-head...
Sue B
on 2/21/05 10:53 pm - WI
Thank you for sharing - and thank you beth for the link. I have been treating myself 1x a wek to a "Sugar free, Hazelnut, Coffee Frappichino Light" and to my surprise it isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be when I looked at some of the regular stuff on there! I am finally over my HUMP and have lost 8# in the last week! I upped my protein & low & behold the pounds started melting off again. Don't swear off Starbucks ... it is really good stuff I would just limit it a little more & ask for alternatives - I didn't know they had Sugar Free Hazelnut syrup until I asked. Good Luck! Fellow Coffee Head Sue 318/189/180
Rondaslosinit
on 2/22/05 1:20 am - Richardson, TX
I didn't know we could build up our sugar tolerance? How does that work? Is it permanent? I've been hitting the girl scout cookies D#*@!M those girl scouts! There are ways to get good coffee with fewer calories..... I ask for decaf, SF vanilla, Soy, no whip, Cafe AU Lait or Latte. Those are yummy and much better (well less bad) for you. Don't deny yourself an occassional treat. from another fellow coffeehead (Coffeeheads Unite !!) Ronda 297/286/193/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views