I have heard that caffeine slows down weight loss.

thin_tyme
on 2/21/05 3:10 am - WY
Has anyone else heard this? IF you have and know why it does slow down weight loss please let me know. If there is some actual real info on it I will switch to decaf. Mechelle 283/afraid to weigh/140
Jennifer K.
on 2/21/05 4:09 am - Skiatook, OK
Hey, I have heard it is because caffiene acts as a diuretic..meaning it gets rid of much needed water. And the general rule as I understand it...the more water you drink...the less water you have. And it is also proven tha****er intake 64 oz or more assists with weight loss. Is that any help? I just know that when I had a stand still with my weight loss my Doctor told me to do 2 things...change or increase my exercise...and add 8oz of water to whatever I was currently drinking....it worked! Good luck!
lacmike
on 2/21/05 10:30 am - York, PA
I was always told that caffeine holds weight. I do not know if this is a fact. Since I am in an area where it is cold I am not drinking water the way I should, but I do drink diet decaffienated tea whenever possible. If I can not accessible to decaf then I drink regular but do notice when I drink decaf I loose more weight. Lori 258/155/148...7 lbs to my goal!
(deactivated member)
on 2/21/05 9:47 pm - South of Boston, MA
Mechelle- I've heard that it can hinder weight loss because you may be drinking caffeinated beverages INSTEAD of your decaf liquids, and not getting in enough regular fluids to keep the balance of body water going... Caffeinated beverages cannot be counted towards the daily fluid needs for your body, you still need your ____ ounces... BUT- caffeine is a major component in weight loss supplements and helps speed you up, and can help you lose weight. So, consider the caffeine a supplement and not a fluid... and drink! -beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views