Slightly Silly Saturday... Food, updates, etc...

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/05 9:11 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi all... Where art thou? Post em'... food/updates/what have you? ______________________________________________________________ Yesterday didn't end as well as I would have liked, I got to making a casserole for MIL and I took a bunch of bites of the cheese, which I've been avoiding like crazy (full fat gruyere cheese, ::::faints::::..) I felt ill following this, and had some watermelon pre-bed... Back to my shakes today, for at least two meals. They work, darn it. The older kiddos are going to the Monster (GAG!!) Truck show... They'll love it, but no way you'd catch me there! I'm cringing thinking about the noise alone! DH is working his 2nd job 7am-3pm... so maybe we'll take the little one out later on her own... (rarely happens!) BF- 6 oz Carb Countdown Yogurt 4 oz Carb Countdown Skim Milk 4 oz ice 1/2C strawberries b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/149/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Just Janice
on 2/19/05 3:59 am - Houston, TX
HI! OK, I am cranky TODAY because my scale says I am 177...I hate scales. They are a direct product of Satan...along with bikini waxers...and Twinkies...and cheesy-poofs... Breakfast... 1/2 pot (36 oz) of coffee, with FF milk and splenda 1 oz turkey jerky Lunch 1/2 c. FF Ricotta Cheese (80 cals), with 2 TBS Parm chz (25 cal), 1/4 c. marinara (40), and 1/2 oz mozzarella chz (40) 4 Grapes Dinner 2-3 oz chicken, cheese, hot sauce I am thinking about trying the whole protein powder thing, but I have never done them, and my MD makes them sound taboo....who here has drank them, and what can they be added to? what brand is good? I am also trying to add protein snacks..just got turkey pepperoni, turkey jerky, and skim mozzarella sticks....any other ideas? This boosting the protein thang is working for y'all and I want something to work for me!!! Whaaaaa! Have a great day! Janice
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/05 4:16 am - South of Boston, MA
Janice... Your doc likes you to get all protein from whole foods, right? So powders and supplements bug him... If you don't mind breaking his rules, go ahead and give them a whirl... it can't hurt. Just make sure when you go to get some powder--- watch the calories, carbohydrates and sugar.... some have HUGE amounts of such... and lots of protein bars are worse than candy bars.... (like the one I had for lunch today... yikes!!) I've been using a whey protein from GNC that's alright... but still has carbs... and it's chocolate, so I'm very limited as to WHAT to do with it.... I plan to get a big ole bucket of VANILLA flavored or UNFLAVORED protein powder to use as a base for my own shake concoctions.... thinking Unjury or Zero Carb Isopure/Vanilla. Right now I'm just making fruit smoothies with my low-carb yogurt, low-carb milk, fruit & ice... they're pretty high protein once it's together... like 25G.... it's a big drink, but I adore the taste.... As for bars, they're hit or miss, some can make you sick, some are filled with crap, some just taste like @$$... it's just a big PITB. I brought a leftover Power Crunch bar to my mom today, and she read the ingredients out loud, ewww!! (Those make me so sick anyway...) DH lives on bars, mostly any combination of peanut butter and soy protein.... crispy especially... I'm learning to enjoy my shakes instead... he won't TOUCH a shake... under any cir****tances.... As for snacks, turkey jerky is insanely good for you... minus the sodium content... awesome for that mouth-hunger.... chewy... mmmm... The turkey pepperoni is good, has a nice kick to it.... easy to over do it with those.... for me.... String cheese is perfect size-wise.. but I have a problem keeping tabs on how many I eat....I make too many drive-bys to the fridge when I know it's in there.... But, it IS a good choice, even for breakfast, have two sticks, they have 16G protein.... Other protein-y snacks... watch servings/fat content... -Roasted edamame (soybeans... mmm.... crunch!) -Nuts (try macadamias, brazil, pistachio, almonds) -Farmers' Cheese (dry-curd cottage, very low fat... good stuff) -LF cottage cheese (I use it instead of salad dressing now...) -Carb Countdown Milks/Yogurts by Hood.... (I hate yogurt, but I can eat this stuff!!) -Sliced turkey, chicken, lean beef from the deli, buy the best stuff you can afford...no preservatives/junk... -Jerky (preservative/chemical free kinds online...) -Pork rinds ("gourmet" flavors online... ...) b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/149/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Just Janice
on 2/19/05 4:22 am - Houston, TX
Thanks! I am finding that this is getting sooo hard to do, esp now that I don't have the almost daily weight loss gratification...incentive is nil! It sounds like you are a cheese fiend, as am I. I was wondering what farmer's cheese was..lol Where do you get the Unjury protein from? I was looking at the carb countdown vanilla stuff at the store today, but didn't know if it was any good (taste or nutritionally)..I think it has 3 carbs for 2 scoops...is that bad??? Thanks again! Janice
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/05 4:26 am - South of Boston, MA
Janice- I am a cheese addict!! I have yet to buy Unjury... but I'll get it online probably from the Unjury website... eventually, it's $$$! 3 carbs for 2 scoops is great.... for whatever product that is...?? My GNC stuff has 5 in 1 scoop... b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/149/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rondaslosinit
on 2/19/05 7:42 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Janice, I use Unjury all the time. I buy it from unjury.com. I like the Vanilla flavor in my iced coffee. It has only 90 calories per scoop, 3g carbs, 2g sugars, and 20g protein. Its only drawback is that it is made with aspartame. That doesn't bother me but some people are sensitive to it so I thought I'd mention it. They also make Chocolate and unflavored. You can add the unflavored to almost anything as long as it isn't too hot (must be under 130°) - chicken broth, SF pudding, etc. The vanilla or unflavored tastes good mixed with crystal lite sunrise orange or Tang or Diet V-8 Splash Mango flavor. I buy 6 containers at a time because it is cheaper and with free shipping that way but I think they sell samples if you want to try it first. Cost = $16 for 17 servings I also use Nectar Brand protein. Both Unjury and Nectar mix into liquids really nicely (without a blender). Some of the Nectar brand flavors are made with aspartame but not all. My favorite is Carribean Cooler - yummy! I mix it with Crystal Lite Pinapple-Orange and it tastes like a Pina Colada! (to me anyway) Nectar is 90 calories per scoop, 0 carbs, 0 sugars, and 23g of protein ! YAY! I get mine from VitaLady. They also sell samples to try before you commit. Cost = $25 for 36 servings. Nectar is cheaper than Unjury. My surgeon wants me to be getting all my protein from foods by now too. I just can't do it. Since I get most of mine from meats, UGH, I'm already waterlogged with chicken, etc. The thought of eating more, well, ! You had some really good ideas with the Turkey Jerky and Turkey Pepperoni, though. Ronda 297/286/193/170
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/05 4:22 am - South of Boston, MA
Adding- carbs happened. OOPS! Pre-lunch- 2 oz pretzels (probably a cup's worth total...stressed out... had urges...) 24 oz tea 8 oz Red Bull SF Lunch- Pure Protein Bar (32G protein, but holy carbs batman!) .5 serving soyztels Afternoon- 24 oz tea Dinner- (will be out for dinner... planning on green salad with FF dressing on side or will skip totally and have a shake when I get home....) b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/149/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/05 11:02 am - South of Boston, MA
Okay, I'm back... Dinner- Nada, sat with DH whilst he ate... I wasn't hungry, drank a cup-a-joe with a shot....dollop half and half... Movies- Sugar-free Jelly Belly Gumdrops... about 20 (serving size 35... sugar alcohols kick my @$$, so I'm feeling it... WHEW! Although, only 90 cals for 35 drops, no fat... 14G sugar alcohols... if they don't bug you, they are almost real-tasting...) Iced coffee (12 oz with cream & =....) Now- (thinking I should counteract the gumdrops which weren't a good dinner, ya know?!) 6 oz CC yogurt 4 oz CC skim 1/2 scoop GNC Vanilla Whey Protein 1/4C strawberries Ice, blended... I don't have true totals- cuz I haven't entered the candy.... but it's about 1000 cals 30 fats WAY too many carbs at like 90 (friggin pretzels & protein bar!!) 90 protein -beth (hoping this day doesn't effect me poorly tommorrow... ...)
Rondaslosinit
on 2/19/05 7:50 am - Richardson, TX
Well now, let's see..................... Breakfast - bran flakes cereal with Rice Milk snack - Unjury in iced coffee lunch - ham - 2 oz, taquitos with hot sauce, rice crackers oops - way too many of the wrong kind of carbs today dinner - plan to have steak! My favorite food in the world Ronda
Just Janice
on 2/19/05 9:28 am - Houston, TX
Revisions...no chicken for dinner...hard to believe, I know! Dinner- 1 c taco salad (1/2 c lettuce, almost 1/2 c taco meat (turkey), with cheese, pico, and a bit of low fat sour cream (1 tsp aout) I had a snack of turkey jerky, about 1/2 oz, and 1 mozz stick more coffee with skim milk and splenda and...(don't slap me) 1 trefoil and 1 thin mint girl scout cookies. I am actually proud of myself! I usually eat 1/2 box at a time! Only 2 cookies in 2 days isn't that bad...is it? sigh... Janice
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views