Thursday...Food journals....updates....

(deactivated member)
on 2/16/05 9:20 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hey all... Good Thursday morning to you! Please post your food/exercise journals here... _____________________________________________________________ I survived DH's first night of his 2nd job. I fell asleep in my little one's bed, and woke up and had a weak moment with some Atkins Indulgence Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I *did measure out one serving, but it IMMEDIATELY hit my intestines and made me feel like dirt. So, off to the trash with ANOTHER food item. After that, I crashed on the couch with my tea and kept my eyes open with Wife Swap on TIVO. Did anybody watch this? I saw myself in both of those women! I've stopped short of dying my hair pink, though. Today is same _____ different day... I babysit 11:30-7:30pm today, DH is getting out early for an eye appointment... so he'll be home near dinnertime I hope. I'd like to get out tonight *out of the house* ... maybe I can go and get my nails fixed... it's been too long... but when money is tight, nails are not really a priority! 152 Pre-breakfast- 12 oz coffee 6 oz carb countdown skim (giving up on fake creamer! EWW!) 1T cocoa powder/= Breakfast- Carb Countdown Yogurt 1/2C berries/pureed 2 oz carb countdown skim 1/2**** blended... 1 pkt = Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 152 GWR- 114 - 150 lbs Height 5'5"- BMI- 25.3
thin_tyme
on 2/16/05 9:39 pm - WY
Hey Beth You are giving up on creamer. So is your coffee mixture taste good, with the coffee carb count down milk and cocoa?? I'm looking for alternatives myself. pre-B-coffee/splenda/creamer b-3 ounces carb hot sense (planned) L_shrimp (planned D-1 butterball and then butterball broth and then some shrimp. ( My grandparents 64th anniversary, traveling to their house for dinner) 1 serving of fuzzy navel nectar in 32 ounces of water and crystal lite 20 ounces of diet tea. water??? Do my best to get it in 283/170 gained 2 pounds today/140 Mechelle
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/05 11:44 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hi Mechelle- Well, I was using SO SO much REAL cream that I was looking for alternatives, and I've been trying them all. I *was drinking coffee at home in the am... half a pot... with real cream, then two to THREE iced coffees a day!! Now it's about 1-2 mugs a day. Tried: Fat Free half and half, nasty, second ingredient is CORN SYRUP?! Powdered creamer, ewww... it's like baby formula, all junk ingredients! Then, regular skim milk, too high in sugars, turns my coffee GREY! Now, I'm using the Carb Countdown Skim, but adding ALOT of it (4-6 oz to 12 oz coffee) to the coffee WITH unsweetened cocoa powder, so the entire concoction is chocolatey looking, not grey and tastes pretty good. I PREFER cream over all of the other choices, but it's just not worth the fat grams if I have more than one a day. I'm finding that I only want the coffee if I can have the full fat creams, so I just might not bother, unless I'm out and order a special one. Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 151 GWR- 114 - 150 lbs Height 5'5"- BMI- 25.1
Rondaslosinit
on 2/16/05 10:09 pm - Richardson, TX
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY !!!!! The scales finally moved !!!!! I don't want to jinx it by sharing but - they did! They weird thing is, I ate horribly yesterday and today they were down 2 pounds. Now I'm 193 almost to my lowest of 192. Yesterday I actually tried fast food for the first time. I ate a McDonalds sausage egg bisquit for breakfast / lunch , had a Peppermint soy Latte (NOT sugar free), 6 girl scout cookies (thin mints) and a protein drink and trail mix with raisins for dinner. There is no way I should have lost after eating like that! What gives? Today I plan to be good again. Breakfast - coffee, oatmeal, banana lunch - tuna or chicken snack - protein drink dinner - don't know yet Ronda 297/286/193 (YAHOO!)/170
Rondaslosinit
on 2/16/05 10:41 pm - Richardson, TX
Yes, I saw wife swap. I'm not normally a fan of reality TV but I was sick in bed and flipping channels so I watched some of it. I was ready to kill that bus guy! What was he thinking? I can't believe his wife put up with that for so long. It was kind of neat seeing the positive changes that came to both families through the whole process, but I can't imagine ever voluntarily putting your family through that. Do they get money for doing it or something? I didn't see the end. You would have to pay me an awful lot! Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/05 10:53 pm - Lost in Woods, PA
hey beth, scale still not moving ---- anyway, here goes b; 1 atkins advantage strawberry cream bar 32 ounce cyrstal light sunrise s; 1 mozz cheese stick l; turkey club - no bread (turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce) (planned) s; 1 carbsmart snack bar (planned) d; mom burger with cheese (3 ounce) (planned) shredded lettuce with chipolte ranch dressing s; carbsmart sugar-free fudgesicle (planned) all of this with 104 ounces of crystal light sunrise; 32 ounces water. under 10 carbs and under 1100 cals.....what's up with no movement on the scale for 3 months. open rny 4/19/2004 down 68 lbs.
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 12:13 am - South of Boston, MA
Yvonne- Okay, if you've ever read any of my past posts about carbs and protein, ignore them, lol... because I'm slowly changing my mind about the whole thing. Now, feel free to tell me to shove it, ignore me, delete me... I'll understand, because I'm contradicting myself here... I've learned that to lose weight while eating high protein AND low carb, the protein choices have to be lower-fat, and not Atkins'-style. This is just my personal experience so far... so this may not hold true, but it has been for me. What does this mean? For me, it means drastically limiting cheese, bacon, ham, pork, red meat (except lean cuts or jerky), oils/dressings, mayo, butter, cream, dairy, etc.... As my intake of food increased dramatically in the past few months, I started eating more and more cheese and fattier foods because I COULD.. and the weight loss slowed and stopped altogether for six weeks. I'm just now starting to understand the balancing game we have to play, trying to balance the percentages of carbs/fat/protein... I think it's 30/30/40 for optimum results. The carbs should come from natural sources (think unprocessed foods, vegetables, fruits, legumes) and protein from lean meats, lower fat dairy (lower carb as well), legumes, supplements... I thought for SURE that I could get away with eating higher fat with decadent foods like Atkins' style because I can't physically take in very much... but to follow Atkins' --- ONE BITE of a carbohydrate can alter weight loss efforts.... so all the hard work you put into eating high protein only can be sabotaged with hardly a thing! *Just learned this after reading an Atkins book!! I wish there was a magic answer for all of us... because it seems to vary so radically..... I hope this helps you... Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 151 GWR- 114 - 150 lbs Down 161 lbs and counting! Height 5'5"- BMI- 25.1
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 1:53 am - Lost in Woods, PA
no shoving, ignoring or deleting here - we all have different opinions on what would work and what won't. I've been working through this for three months now and nothing really seems to work at all....could still be some hidden medical issue that we are working towards finding at this point. I've tried getting all my carbs from lowfat/vegi type sources and that didn't work....i've ignored the carbs and focused on low fat/low cal and that didn't work....i've done just about every combination one could think of....full liquids.....gone all the way back to day one after surgery and had only 3 ounces of low fat/low sodium chicken stock for two weeks and guess what - that didn't work. There is a metabolic disorder that runs in my family (my brother was born with it). It took over 4 years for him to become a normal weight from birth to 4. He was always extremely overweight even with hospital supervised feedings.....something in the body makes the body keep everything it ingests - it doesn't eliminate anything nutrient/calorie wise. It appears that I may be now suffering from the same malidy - we are in the process of testing..... just frustrated that i've had this wonderful surgery, followed all rules and haven't gone as far as i'd have liked. have become much healthier which is a major plus but i seem to be where i was prior to surgery where i was struggeling to maintain and not gain....i'm only 10 months out now and only 7 months out when this whole thing of not loosing started - i should still be loosing. Anyway, i digress - you don't need to hear my sad story. I appreciate your comments - please keep um comming - the only way to educate oneself is to learn from others. I wouldn't post if i didn't want people to respond - all is much appreicated. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
(deactivated member)
on 2/17/05 3:12 am - South of Boston, MA
Wow- I wonder... it would be very interesting to see how it plays out.. please keep us updated as you find out! {{hugs}} b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/151/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rondaslosinit
on 2/17/05 3:31 am - Richardson, TX
Hi Beth, At my 9 month appt. my doc told me he wants to see the breakdown like this 20% fat, 40% carbs, 40% protein keeping the calories to less than 1100. This is close to yours but not quite. I have to say, I have been failing miserably at keeping the fats to 20% - thats only about 20g per day and hard to do. I also agree with you about the types of carbs being important. Did you see my post about losing 2 lbs finally? And yesterday was probably about 80% fat - oops. I'm sure the weight loss is more a manifestation of the good days I had been having prior to that rather than yesterday's eating fiasco. I see you are on you're way down again! SUPER! Keep up the good work! I'm concentrating on keeping fats down today. I went to the doc and got some antibiotics for my sinus infection - whew, relief at last. changing food for today: Breakfast - banana, coffee, Nectar Protein drink in diet v-8splash Mango lunch - chinese - Hunan chicken snack - ? dinner - ? Ronda 297/286/193/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views