Question 4 ARM LIFT people

Sue B
on 2/16/05 9:15 pm - WI
I posted this to the main board - but trust you guys SO much more! I am considering having an arm lift (Okay, I'll be honest, I have a surgery scheduled for April 5th) and I am just wondering how much PAIN you were in after. Now that I have my heart set on doing this people are telling me it is really painful - but I had not heard this before (and the people telling me did not have it done). SO, I am asking for 1st hand expierence. ALSO, I am having a breast lift (really want the lift with implants but they don't do that at the same time?!?) Does anyone know about the pain on this one either? I am having both done at the same time. Thanks in advance!! Sue 318/193/180
Rondaslosinit
on 2/16/05 9:57 pm - Richardson, TX
I haven't had any plastics yet so I can't answer your question but I've heard that of all the ps, the tummy tuck is the most painful. I'm sure it's different for each person though. Have you tried asking them on the plastic surgery message board? You'll probably find more experience with this procedure on that board at this point I would think. Good luck and keep us informed! We're rooting for you! Ronda 297/286/193/160-170
mystic0619
on 2/16/05 11:05 pm - Moran, KS
I have never had the surgery done but surely after having WLS you can handle any kind of pain. To me that was the worst type of pain possible. My feeling is if you survived WLS you can survive anything.LOL Kelly 277/182 -95
Leslie M.
on 2/21/05 5:15 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 04/05/04 with
ok, the arms are a little painful, mainly the 1st, 2nd day, by the 3rd, the pain isnt so bad, more like a really bad bruse... as for the breast lift and with implants not being able to be done at the same time, that just isnt true, i suggest you go for a second oppinion! ... My date for the lift with implants are scheduled on the same day... I was told the pain is about the same as the arm lift... hurts pretty bad for the first couple days and by day 3, you feel a lot better... the only problems is there is a lot of swelling and of course the drain tubes being in doesnt help ease the pain any. Good Luck!
Sue B
on 2/21/05 6:26 am - WI
Thank you to everyone who helped me out & Directed me to the right boards SORRY this is a long post/reply - so bear with me.... I am scheduled & will be having my 3 procedures on the 5th of April. My PCP refered the surgeon I am going with to me & another Surgeon I met last week said that He was a great choice for me & that if I decided to go with him she had total confidence in him. I chose him because he can do all 3 surgeries at the same time, thus eliminating having 2 done them going back in 4 weeks for the 3rd (that is how the surgeon I really liked would do it). I didn't want to be out of work for 2 weeks, come back for 2, be out for another 2 .... I will give you the Laymans terms (even though you would probably know the technical terms). I am having an Arm Lift, a Breast lift (no implants), and I am going to have Lipo done on my hips & thighs (well he is going to remove the "Saddle bags" and contour the front of my Quads) ~ so that my bottom half is more in sinc with my small waist. I am very excited - but at the same time VERY scared to do this. I don't know whay I am so scared! Like saying it outloud made it so scary to me ... as I tear up writing this ... hormones? I don't get it ... I think because it is something I really want - but have never even really thought about seriously before .... I don't know .... I think it is partly like how I felt with my RNY - with any surgery I would rather be taken in with no time to think about it then be able to think about it .... with my RNY though I liked the time in between (about 6 weeks like this one) because I was able to research what was going to take place ~ I plan to do that with this also ... I think it is just another "Stage" or "Step" to becoming the person I am on the inside (letting her be shown on the outside) ... and I have never met her before so it scares me (a lot - cuz now I am crying) I don't want to change the person I am ... I like her so I hope when she is shown on the outside it doesn't screw up the inside me ... does that even make sense or am I going senile? It is like I know the people I have in my life right now like/love me for who I am on the inside ... the outside never mattered before, and now I hope that the outside reflects the person I am on the inside - but you never know what the new "me" will attract. It scares me because I have never felt in balance before - so now if the inside & outside match what does that do for me .... I cannot hide inside my shell. It is very surreal. All I have ever wanted in life was to reflect on the outside what I am on the inside & now that I can make that happen I am scared to death - it is the fear of the unknown .... I guess part of me to has aways used the excuse of my weight or imperfections as the reason for people not liking me or for taking me seriously - and now all these layers are coming off and I am emerging from out of my shell (I picture peeling the layers off of an onion as I write this). I want to be able to use this excess energy that has errupted from inside me - and use my body the way it is intended & get out there & enjoy life & feel comfortable in my skin. I just hope my expectations aren't too high for myself.
Angela B.
on 3/1/05 2:02 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Sue~ I have not had any plastics done yet but I have done a lot of research because I was planning to before I found out I was PREGNANT (and very conscientious about the birth control so be careful everyone)!! I have found there is a lot of variation in how arm lifts turn out. Some of the photos looked disgusting. I have also heard that there is a newer method being tried which does not leave the long scar along the entire arm. Just thought I would put that out there because as much as I hate the way I am flapping in the wind, if I could fix them without the long scar I am all for waiting. I will also be doing the breast lift. I will probably have to do implants with it (I have found several drs that do it that way) because this will be my third baby and they are flat and droopy beyond belief! The last thing I will be doing is a belt lipectomy (lower body lift). I am so excited but bummed that I will have to wait until next year. I know this is late in posting. Good luck~ Angela BTW: I just noticed that we started out at the same weight -- so glad I will never see it again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views