9 month check up

Dawn C.
on 2/15/05 10:50 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Well I had my check up yesterday. I told the dr. I was disappointed that I had only lost 11 lbs in 3 months. She said that was actually good and I should stop beating myself up. I did tell her that I am having a terrible time on the weekends with snacking. During the week I do well at work because I pack everything in portions. I know I eat on the weekends because I am bored and am not structured. So she told me start planning my weekends because I seem to need structure. I think that is going to be hard for me because I look at the weekend as my relaxation time and time with the kids. But I am going to try. I also got an idea from a co-worker to "pack" my food for the day on weekends too. So I will try that also. I will defeat the munchie monster!!! Dawn 287/196.5/160-170(I will know when I get there)
Rondaslosinit
on 2/15/05 11:09 pm - Richardson, TX
Packing you food for the weekends sounds like a great idea! Staying away from the pantry sounds hard. Maybe you could get all of the foods that tempt you out of the house. Ask your family to help you by doing without the junk food for a while. Just keep healthy snacks for all of you. It is so much easier to tell someone else to do this than it is for me to do it! LOL As we've discussed before Dawn, you and I are twins when it comes to weight stats. I can so relate to what you're saying too. Whew! Good luck my friend! Ronda 297/286/195/160-170(?)
Dawn C.
on 2/16/05 12:03 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Ronda, Thanks for your support. It's not even like I snack on junk. I really don't have much in the house. I am really bad with peanut butter and peanuts. I quit buying peanuts. PB is another story, with twin 5 yr olds I have to have PB. I am going to try making my own or buying the natural kind. At least that has no sugar is better for me. I don't like the reduced fat stuff. Yuck. Popcorn has become a problem. My dr. said she would rather have me eat that than doritos. Just to eat the light or make it the old fashion way and not put butter on it. And not to eat it every day. I also found EatSmart soy crisps. they are light and flavorful. Well I can't seem to control myself so I won't buy them either. Maybe if I split the bag up into single serving sizes. I did this with roasted soy beans so I can just grab a bag and put in my lunch. I think to be successful at weightloss and maintaining you have to PLAN every thing that you are going to put in your mouth every day! Which is really hard. I am glad I have this board to come to for advice and support! Everyone has been great and it's nice to know we are all in the same boat. Dawn
mystic0619
on 2/16/05 12:57 am - Moran, KS
Regarding your peanut butter addiction, I have one too and I buy the sugar-free peanutbutter. Peter Pan makes it. Try that and that will help. I also buy the sugar-free syrup (sweetened with splenda) and add that to the peanut butter instead of using a jelly and I really like that(my kids really like that too). Kelly 277/183 -94
Dedicated
on 2/16/05 12:59 am - Eleva, WI
I have popcorn issues. I make mine in an air popper and use Molly McButter sprinkles on it. Pretty good too!
(deactivated member)
on 2/16/05 3:03 am - South of Boston, MA
Dawn, I don't have a PB problem (don't like the texture, sensory-issues girl here...), but a suggestion, anyways... Switch to the all-natural versions, just crushed peanuts basically.... with no added anything... your family will probably hate it at first, but they'll get used to it... mine did. Then you're not taking in any hydrogenated oils OR added sugars, just the good fats from the peanuts themselves. Just read the side of a jar of "regular" peanut butter, it's scary.... As for the regular nuts, I threw away about 5 lbs of nuts a week or two ago... they're too easy to just eat a handful and forget to add it in my day... I don't miss them. Popcorn, make it a special treat, but homemade only... pop your own kernels, and then portion them out... that way it's more work and less likely to get DONE, KWIM? Soy crisps are good, but OMG addictive... I tried a new brand today in BBQ flavor... I had to bag them into single-serve baggies already... too easy to munch. The ones I got aren't a great choice though, I got them home to discover the second ingredient is rice? Oh well... -beth 313/298/152/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views