Only 2 more treatments!

klhmom3
on 2/15/05 7:40 am - Clovis, CA
Well I went to the doctor yesterday and it looks like my iron is coming up to the point that they think I will only need 2 more days of Iron IV's. I have been going twice a week for the last month. I am feeling better with the IV's the doctor is just hoping that my body will maintain it by itself now! YEAH only 2 more! My veins are shot!
DianneW
on 2/15/05 7:53 am - Louisville, KY
Yeah. I'm glad that will be over for you, it had to be rough. Dianne
2FatB4
on 2/15/05 8:16 am - small town, MI
I hope you will be feeling better really soon.
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/05 10:42 am - South of Boston, MA
Oh wow! (((hugs))) I hope you're alright....... DH just started taking an iron supplement, he was feeling really tired... but he really needs to get his butt to a check-up once in a while! -beth
Rondaslosinit
on 2/15/05 10:59 pm - Richardson, TX
{{{{{{{Trina}}}}}}}}} So sorry you're going through this! I had to have 1 iron IV and I didn't like it. It takes so much time! Going twice a week has to be rough! I'm glad you are feeling better though. What were your iron #s when you started? Just curious. Are you going to continue with iron supplements to help make sure your body maintains it's levels? My multi-vitamin has 18g of iron in it plus I take an additional supplement. It seems to be working for me. Good luck, sweetie! Ronda
klhmom3
on 2/16/05 1:46 am - Clovis, CA
Thanks Everyone! I am feeling better with the IV's. They are hoping that my body will maintain it. I can't take iron by mouth it ends up coming back up! So if it does not work I will have to do a monthly thing with the IV's. This twice a week is killing me in my job. I have missed a total of 12 weeks since surgery! But, they are being really great about it and covering my time in house so it is not coming out of my check! It WILL get better! Everyone keeps telling me that the 1 year mark will be my turning point! Hope I can wait that long! I don't want to lose anymore weight. I am so happy here!
klhmom3
on 2/16/05 8:16 am - Clovis, CA
My count was a 7 when we started. I was so out of it all the time. I was at an 11 when I went on monday! Yeah! Almost normal what ever that is! hehe
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views