Felt like dying...

Ayleneb
on 2/12/05 7:10 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hey guys, I'm not sure exactly what happened this afternoon. The whole family went out last night for Japanese grill. I ate a little soup, some salad, one piece of sushi, a few bites of shrimp, some zucchini and a little fried rice, then a bite of steak. I was full but not uncomfortable. Of course, there were tons of left overs so for lunch today I heated up some of the steak and shrimp. I fixed leftover rice with meat for my 2 year old and couldn't help eating a bite or two of the rice, it just smelled so good. I ended up eating about two shrimp and two cubes of steak then suddenly my pouch started hurting. I went to lie on the couch and it didn't ease up so I decided to get into the tub, which sometimes helps. I was foaming (haven't done that in a looong time) and the pain in my stomach wasn't going away. Finally I was able to throw up a little and that seemed to settle everything. I've felt bad before but haven't been able to throw up since about 6 weeks after surgery. After I got out of the tub I went to lie down for a while and I've been resting all afternoon. I had a little to eat later this afternoon and just had a very small easy dinner (instant potatoes, green peas and turkey sandwich meat with a little instant ff gravy). My throat is sore and I feel totally wasted. Dh commented that I don't look well. I'm thinking that the rice was dried out and started to swell in my pouch? Maybe I ate the meat too fast? I don't know but I was starting to wish that I could just die! Anyone else with something like this? Aylene :P
Rae Smiles
on 2/12/05 8:03 am - Mount Airy, MD
I have NEVER foamed OR thrown up since surgery....but I can NOT eat rice or spagetti noodles....makes me feel like I am dying...or maybe that is it makes me wish I would die...you get the idea.... anyway, not sure what didn't agree with you, but hopefully you will wake up tomorrow morning rested and feeling better.... RAE
Dawn C.
on 2/12/05 8:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
It could have been the steak. It is harder to digest than other meat. and maybe you didn't chew it well enough. I had the same thing happen to me with stew beef. I thought it was tender but after about 2 small cubes I thought I was going to die. I also had the foamies and threw up a little then felt better. I had not felt like that in over 5 months. Guess we will always have to be careful and never know when something might set our pouches off. I don't think I will be eating beef (except for ground) any time soon!!! Dawn 287/197/160ish
Wulfenite29
on 2/12/05 10:02 am - Southbridge, MA
This painful feeling could have been the steak that may have not been chewed small enough. Remember that the opening from your stomach to your intestine is very small. Think back to that night - where you chewing fast?
DianneW
on 2/12/05 12:48 pm - Louisville, KY
I am allergic to shrimp and it always makes me throw up or get dirarhea. I checked with my doctor (before surgery) and he said this is definetily an allergy. Sounds like maybe what you had. I would avoid shirmp in the furture. Steak is hard unless it is a tenderloin cook in medalions in a sauce. the small cut up meat, and sauce makes it easier for us to eat. Please is is a tenderer cut of meat. Hang in there. Dianne 340/180/150
irisheyes
on 2/12/05 10:05 pm - Harmony, MN
HI Aylene, I sometimes have a hard time with leftovers, not excatly sure why, but boy do they make me sick. (no pain in the tummy but vomit and very tired). Sorry you had to go through that yesterday. Hope you feel better today. Katie
Shanna E.
on 2/13/05 8:15 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Aylene, I have a terrible time with any left over meat...unless its something cooked in a lot of sauce (like in a spaghetti sauce) other wise, no go on the meat leftovers...I get major foamies and HAVE to get rid of it to ease the pain.
petel
on 2/13/05 9:08 am - San Diego, CA
Aylene, I just had the same thing happen to me after eating a 1/4 of a chicken bake from Costco. I thought I was gonna die..... The pain lasted about 2 hours and I had some dry heaves. I actually thought about going to the hospital for a while. It was pretty nasty. I guess one of the reasons this surgery works is, I WILL NEVER EAT ANOTHER CHICKEN BAKE.... Best of luck and I hope you are feeling better, Pete
mystic0619
on 2/14/05 1:40 am - Moran, KS
The same thing happens to me if i eat chicken off a bone. I sure hope you get to feeling better!!!!
Angela B.
on 2/14/05 10:24 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Aylene~ I had the exact same symptoms last week after I ate some leftover rice. It hurts so bad and I usually never have any problems at all with food. I had to stay at a certain angle just to breathe. I have now sworn off even the tiniest bit of rice. I never want to be that uncomfortable again! Angela
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views