Have you noticed you can eat more now?

C M.
on 2/11/05 7:38 am - richmond, va
I am realizing now that I can eat more food than when I first had surgery. Has anyone else had this problem?
Rondaslosinit
on 2/11/05 7:55 am - Richardson, TX
My pouchie seems quite fickle. Sometimes I can eat as much as most people - a normal meal. Other times, only a little bit and I feel stuffed. I can definitely usually eat more than I could in the beginning but it still seems to be a small amount relative to what I could eat before WLS. That's why we are supposed to be retraining ourselves during this "honeymoon" phase - cuz it ain't gonna last forever, right? Ronda
klhmom3
on 2/11/05 8:07 am - Clovis, CA
I am with you! There are times that I stop myself before I feel satisfied because I feel like I have eaten more than I should! And there are other times that I can just get a few bites in. It scares me on those days that I feel that I could eat everything in site!
(deactivated member)
on 2/11/05 8:14 am - South of Boston, MA
Hell yes! I can eat so much more than immediately post-op. A few weeks out, I could eat just a few spoonfuls of a food and be stuffed beyond a doubt! What a gift that was! I remember getting my re-fried beans and eating like three bites and being DONE. Now, I don't touch them, because I can eat an entire side-order, and then want another! (talking the Taco-Smell kind here...) Now, it takes much more, but I *still think I can hold less food than others in one sitting, and I tend to graze like a heifer because of this?! I don't know... Example being, my husband, (also post-op)... can sit and eat a typical 1/2 sandwich and feel nothing. If I ate half a sandwich, I'd vomit. He can also eat an entire PB & J sandwich if it's on diet bread. I can't. He can eat most of a frozen Smart Ones meal or all of it, and feel nothing. He's also much more content between meals, doesn't snack, hardly ever. I still eat mini-meals, and I'm always hungry. It sucks. I wish I could just eat 3 times and day and feel full and be done with it. Instead, I eat every couple of hours and I am always looking for food. The thought of getting up and eating an egg and a piece of toast turns my stomach, (my surgeons' food plan has this as the breakfast meal) so I drink a shake, which of course, doesn't FILL me up, it runs through, and I'm hungry again mid-morning.... it's a bad cycle. I need to find ways to curb it... or foods to munch on that do not effect me negatively. I need ! Beth 'How puzzling all these changes are,' said Alice. 'I'm never sure what I am going to be from one minute to another. However, I've got back to my right size: the next thing is to get into that beautiful garden.' HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154-157 and gaining GW- 130 -159 lbs and counting! http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
irisheyes
on 2/12/05 12:36 am - Harmony, MN
Yes I've noticed this too. I don't eat a whole meal though. Ex. the other night I ate about 3/4 of a chicken breast with a slice of cheese and 1/2 and about 1/8 of a cup of mashed potatoes......but yesterday I ate 12 oz of chilli..... I have also noticed that I want to snack more...but I blame that on the weather....it's to crappy to go outside and to nice to stay inside. Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views