Plateaus, stucks, maintaining... POLL

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 2:51 am - South of Boston, MA
Robin, Sugar alcohol**** me hard, too... over a certain amount, I'm so sick. I'm hoping that I've lost something, anything, by my one year app't... as I've not lost anything since my 9 month app't. beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154-156 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Josie C.
on 2/10/05 4:15 am - High Desert, CA
Plateauing...for six weeks now... I've been holding steady at my lowest...no more spiking, but just can't seem to get it to move down any further...and I have so much more to lose. I just keep plodding away hoping to get past this...my only fear is that in a week I'll be on a cruise...with the Cali Board...without a scale. Picture me doing laps around the boat.
aimeexx
on 2/10/05 6:35 am - Beaumont, CA
Beth...you and I are almost identical, same weight and height. I have been bouncing around too, right at the same numbers as you. I wish I knew how much I weighed right now...I had to send my BELOVED scale to Sunbeam for repairs (!!!! that is how much I love it!) and am anxiously waiting its return. Don't despair over the bouncing, it is normal, and we will both reach goal. My doc says we will continue to lose for about 6 more months. And, when you measure yourself, you will see that you are still losing inches even if you aren't losing pounds. I lost about an inch everywhere in the past month, but only a few lbs. Aimee
DianneW
on 2/10/05 7:26 am - Louisville, KY
I weighed at work today and I'm up 3 pounds according to their scale, (187) but that's probably not accurate because that was with shoes and clothes on. Last time I weighed was at my dad's in pj's one week ago. I have felt like I've been eating more since the move, gotten no real exercise and haven't been writting anything down. I need to make a committment to at least do that. Dianne 340/187/150 P.S. Someone at work asked me how much weight I had lost when I said I wanted to weigh myself and I told her a few pounds. I decided not to tell people here. I also bought a scale, should be coming in the mail. I don't want to weigh at work because then people tend to think I'm obsessed with my weight, (at my other work) even when I was only weighing once a week.
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 10:06 am - South of Boston, MA
I'm just sick of it. I'm so impatient! I'm going to start measuring more frequently.... beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
J H.
on 2/10/05 7:39 am - Houston, TX
I only lost 13 pounds between my October 28 appt. and February 3rd appointment. However, that is so my fault...I ate pretty freely. Since that appointment I have probably lost a couple of pounds. I did make a decision to go weigh once a week at my doctor's office...that will give me incentive, cuz I know he will see it eventually. I will see him again in three months. He told me to eat freely when I hit 145 lbs. OR at my next appt. whichever came first. However, I am not really sure I will do it at 145...hmm...have to think on that one. So, to sum up my thoughts....I am not sure my plateau is really a plateau...because it seems to me I am responsible. Ho hum......Joan
Rondaslosinit
on 2/10/05 11:51 am - Richardson, TX
Well I'm definitely on a Plateau! Nov. and Dec. each only saw a 5 lb. loss. January saw only 3. I did get as low as 192 at one point but bounced back up to 198. Now I'm bouncing between 194-196 every day. So I guess I'm plateauing and spiking some. I hate it too!!!! I get encouraged when I hear people say that their docs tell them that we aren't finished yet (see Aimee's post here)! I'm so NOT ready to be done! I'm choosing to believe that this is a normal phase and the weight loss will kick in again soon! I'm also choosing NOT to believe that crazy statistic in the article stating that 85% of us gain 50% of our weight back! That just CAN'T be true! I refuse to listen (holding my hands to my ears, singing la la la la) Hang in there everybody and don't stop doing the things you know you should! Ronda
Kim T.
on 2/10/05 8:31 pm - Dracut, MA
yep things have slowed down to a hault since right before christmas for me... i've lost 94 lbs since surgery i know i should be thrilled, but i'm pretty far from a "normal" weight. for my height of 5'1" and extra small frame i should technically weigh somewhere around 120 lbs and even that would be too much according to charts. I always said i'd be happy at 150 but i dont think so now. I just want to get as close as i can to the 120 then i'll feel like i have a few lbs to "play with" in case i DO gain some of the weight back... but here i am STUCK at 168 still not able to fit in all "regular store" size 14 and a tad grouchy about it lol i know the problem.... i dont exercise enough, lately i dont exercise at all for that matter... it's so hard to try and get yourself "addicted" to something you despise. but i know that's how i need to be, i need to become an exercise junky. I took today off of work, gave myself a mental health day and I'm going to start to figure out some sort of plan for myself. Thinking of trying to join maybe a kick boxing class or something fun like that... i'll make some calls today and we'll see how that goes.... ~Kim 286-262-168-somewhere around 120
Rachelq
on 2/12/05 12:20 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I guess you would say I'm maintaining...but it is all good. i never imagined I'd be this size again or this healthy. Maybe I'll never be skinny agian. But I look a feel so much better...I truly don't care!!!!!!!!! I started get stuck in the numbers game, but its just not about that. Not when I look back at my profile from year ago and I remember my desparation to get off of meds an my cpap...DONE AND DONE! Life is good! Hugs, Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views