Plateaus, stucks, maintaining... POLL

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/05 9:45 pm - South of Boston, MA
How many of us here are either... -plateaued (weeks of no loss) -spiking (up a few, down a few, within the same 3-5 lbs) -or seemingly maintaining (within the same 5 lbs all the time, for at least 1-2 months now) ? This is just a non-scientific 9-10 months out POLL! _____________________________________________________________ I'm just wondering because I'm going nucking futs with the numbers game. It's just a number, it's just a number, it's just a number! beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 156 (up two lbs) GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/05 9:50 pm - South of Boston, MA
I forgot to answer... I've been *spiking* between 154-159 for four weeks, and for just a pound or two more for weeks and weeks before that. If I weren't actively TRYING to lose more weight, I'd call it maintaining. I think my body wants to be done here, but I don't. beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 156 (up two lbs) GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Dedicated
on 2/9/05 10:59 pm - Eleva, WI
I've been dealing with spiking. I had gotten as low as 190, then jumped to 195. Been like this for about a month, for this weight anyway. I seem to lose 3 pounds really quick and then do the spike for a few weeks, then go down a little more. REALLY SUCKS. I still have 60 pounds to goal and am getting really frustrated. I'm following the rules in every aspect. THIS BETTER NOT BE IT. I'm only 5'3", so 190 is still pretty heavy.
Larakatya
on 2/9/05 11:02 pm - Twin Cities, MN
I've been spiking - My lowest spotted weight is like the elusive pandas of the wild. It hasn't been seen for over a week. I spiked up 10 (OMG!!!) lbs almost over night, and it has been my distinct pleasure to leave Onderland and now stand at the gate with one foot in (199 some days) and one foot out (201 other days). Making me crazy, but I'm trying not to notice. Love to all, ~Lara
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 2:36 am - South of Boston, MA
Hey Lara- there you are! beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 156 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Rae Smiles
on 2/9/05 11:39 pm - Mount Airy, MD
yep, on a plateau....sucks big time!!!! I keep trying to remind myself that I have lost 101 lbs in 9 months.....be happy and have a little patience...the word "little" is the key word... come on already....little scale needle, please move to the left.....even if only a little so I can be sure you haven't forgotten about me.... RAE
Dawn C.
on 2/10/05 12:31 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I was at my surgeon's support group last night. I brought this up since all of us seem to be struggling. It is common at this stage. Her response was that your body is a more effecient machine now since your weight is lower and you have more muscle thus changing your metabolism. So you may not need as many calories. Which as she put it - Isn't really fair. So she asked others that were further out if they experienced this. There were a few that were 1-2 yrs out. Their responses where the same. It did happen to them. Try not to dwell on it, stay off the scale and keep following the rules. Keep measuring because you may not see the loss on the scale but in inches. I know personally that I am still losing inches. So I guess I can't complain too much. I also go for my 9 month check up next week so I may question more as to how to break the up-down cycle. I don't want to maintain this weight either. (197-199) I still need to lose at least 25 lbs. Ultimate goal of 35. So I guess we just all hang in there. Maybe eat leaner proteins (I just dumped out a can of honey roasted peanuts in the garbage), more veggies and fruits, less bread, potatoes, pretzels (that's for you Beth - they are evil aren't they!), rice, etc. Exercise more. And drink water water water until we float away! That is my plan of attack for now, unless some else has a better idea. Girls we can get through this. We have all come a long way and we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Since it is happening to all of us we know it's "normal" so let's be here to support each other over this little bump in the road on our journey to health! Dawn 287/197(I refuse to change it!)/160ish
(deactivated member)
on 2/10/05 2:46 am - South of Boston, MA
Dawn, Thank you.... IT's not fair, but :::sigh::.............. I feel bad having to limit what food is in my house, if I were single or no-kids, this would be so much easier for me.... I mean, it's MY problem that I can't be trusted with PRETZELS! The kids have already given up SO SO much, something like pretzels shouldn't have to go, it took me long enough to get them to EAT them to begin with. I've just got to buy items that I know I won't WANT to touch. I'm getting better. I cannot buy typical graham style crackers anymore, they are a huge trigger. I've got to just buy things that are healthy enough for the kids without being tempting to ME. It's not the crap I want, it's the "healthy" stuff.... because sub-consciously I know it's "not that bad".... ARGH. Maybe I should buy CRAP again?! NEVER!! beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 156 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Classy M.
on 2/10/05 2:39 am - inglewood, CA
i'm not sure b/c i only weigh at the doc's one time a month. but i jus want to say congrats to all of u who have made it to onederland already. i know it's going to be a struggle for me. u guys are all doing so well. blessing to everybody on ur continued success.
Robin D.
on 2/10/05 2:44 am - Trempealeau, WI
I, too, am struggling. I only lost 2 pounds from my 6 month to 9 month checkup, though I lost 3 pounds of fat. I have started logging my food and discovered I'm eating around 1400 calories/day. I am having to snack more because of my low blood sugars. If I go more than a couple of hours without food (protein), I get the shakes. I was taking sugar to control the low blood sugars, so have now discovered I don't dump at all on sugar, though I do on sugar alcohols. I was told to eat more protein to help with the low blood sugars and that seems to be helping a lot. I was hoping to lose more but if this is where I stay, then so be it. I've decided to try not to get caught up on the numbers and to enjoy my health. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views