anyone with me?????

lauryn P.
on 2/8/05 2:49 pm - or
Is anyone else worried about stopping the weight loss?? My husband said I am going from one extreme to the other...I'm not trying to...I forget to eat...some times I don't eat until late afternoon on days that I am out running errands. Any one else do this??? Lauryn
J H.
on 2/8/05 10:45 pm - Houston, TX
I don't wait all day to eat...but I do sometimes have to make a conscious decision to do so. However, I understand the one extreme to another..because I find myself and my peers obsessed with our bodies and weight loss. This is a difficult journey of ours..but, I know well worth it. Joan
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/05 12:17 am - South of Boston, MA
Lauryn, I have the opposite problem, I wake up looking to eat, want to eat all day long and eventually go to bed to avoid overeating! Although, I'm home most of the time, and it's a constant daily challenge (which is why I'm here a lot posting... ) When I *am out and about, I hardly eat a thing- or I eat just what I need... in much better control! I can't wait to have good weather, just to make reasons to get out of the house! I don't think I'll ever have a problem stopping weight loss, I've been in a state of gain/lose/maintain for over a month now. Perhaps the best thing you could do is prepare like a Girl Scout! Get some protein foods stashed in your car/pocketbook, I don't go ANYWHERE without at least two protein bars, jerky, bottled water, diet tea mix.... Not even to the store! I drink on my way there, while I shop, on the way home, everywhere. I refuse to allow myself to slip into those old drive-through drive-by habits, so I have to be ready. beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
klhmom3
on 2/9/05 2:11 am - Clovis, CA
My DH is now getting NERVOUS! He has never seen me this thin. He is not sure that he likes it. My doctor is telling me to stop losing that it is going to effect my health in the other direction. I am scared to put anything in my mouth that I think might put any of that weight back on! My best friend is telling me that I am really swinging the other way now! I don't know how to change it. I have stayed the same weight for 3 weeks now. I am happy here! I have a job that I can forget to eat. My co-workers remind me! I have been so sick that they watch me all the time. Hope things get better for you! Trina~
irisheyes
on 2/12/05 1:43 am - Harmony, MN
Trina, I just read your post and thight to myself....I think I could have written that myself!! I'm going to work on a maintanice plan with my Endo Dr. on March 14....it's still a month away though.... I am 10 lbs below my goal weight, I don't loose for about 3 weeks and start to think i've got it down, figured out how to maintain....then drop 3 lbs. Mind you i'm not complaining.....just get alittle worried sometimes. Katie
aimeexx
on 2/9/05 2:36 am - Beaumont, CA
I WISH I had that problem! I am with Beth, I wake up hungry and go to bed hungry. I am an emotional eater who eats when I'm happy and sad! I am in great fear of backsliding due to snacking, of not making goal (14 lbs. away), and of going back to my bad habits, which I never really got rid of in the first place. What I really need is Weigh****chers for gastric patients! Good luck with your dilemna! Aimee
DianneW
on 2/9/05 8:59 am - Louisville, KY
I'm with Beth and Aimee. I'm pretty hungry. Dianne
Robin D.
on 2/10/05 2:59 am - Trempealeau, WI
Ditto...I'm hungry all the time and constantly thinking of food. That's why I've started making myself log my food again. My problem is if I don't eat, my blood sugars drop low and I feel like crap. Sigh.
Wulfenite29
on 2/12/05 10:07 am - Southbridge, MA
Lauryn - I too can go through this. After surgery I had to understand what my body was telling me...was I hungry or not. The feeling of hunger is not the same that it used to be for me. If I get too busy or I am concentrating on something else I can not tune into the fact that I am hungry and I will skip meals and sometimes not eat until late afternoon or even evening. I think you need to try and concentrate - remember you did this surgery to save your life, so you need to respect it and know that you must eat or you can get real unhealthy. If you find it hard to remember eating then you atleast better remember to take your viatmins. I think you should also recruit your family and friends to help you - advise them to ask you "Hon, have you eaten today?" "Hey Lauryn, what have you eaten today?" Atleast they will be able to help you keep aware. Goodluck and start eating!!! Kevin
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views