Is anyone having any problems with massive hair loss, and what did you do about it?

Nathaline A.
on 2/8/05 3:59 am - Plainfield, NJ
I am losing my hair on the sides and have spoken with the doctor *****comended that I take an extra tablet of multivitamin. I have been to the vitamin store and purchased all sorts of products to promote hair growth, but it still seems to be shedding dramatically. Is there some sort of remedy, or is there something that I am doing that I need to stop. I am asking for help. HHHEEELLLPPP
Rondaslosinit
on 2/8/05 4:22 am - Richardson, TX
When did it start and how long has it been going on? I had hair loss from about 4 months to 7 months but then it stopped. I tried using the Nioxin products. I think it was a big waste of money! Ronda
J H.
on 2/8/05 6:08 am - Houston, TX
I had the "normal" hair loss that we probably all experienced, it is definitely back now...I have a thick head of hair. Here is a page that I found helpful that I just brought up after reading your post: http://www.ahlc.org/causes-f.htm Maybe you will recognize something of help on it. Good luck.....Joan
DianneW
on 2/8/05 9:39 am - Louisville, KY
I would ask the doctor to check your thyroid, this doesn't seem normal at this stage. My hair loss has stopped. Dianne
Rachelq
on 2/8/05 9:02 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi! As far as I know, we lose hair starting about 3 months out and lose for 3 months. I started losing about 2 months out and lost for 4, but it is growing back now. My girlfriend is 2 years out and swears she starts losing hair if she is not getting enought protien. You may want to increase your intake there as well. Good luck! Rachel
klhmom3
on 2/9/05 2:19 am - Clovis, CA
I am finally getting mine back! Just in time!!! hehe My hair was really thin before I started this. It starting coming back last month where I really noticed it. Hope your doctor can figure it out for you! Trina~
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views