Gotta Share My Moment Too!

Rachelq
on 2/7/05 9:34 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
I have been a member of the YMCA for several years now. About 2 years ago, I was teaching a mommy and me class there on a regular basis. I finally had to give that up because my physical weight limitations... ...well to make a long story short, I've been doing my marathon training on the treadmil at the Y. Every monday a group of the mom's that used to be in my class come in and I wave hi. I've been getting a very cool response from them, but I just figured they're focused on the workouts or whatever. Well yesterday, I got a happy wave from one of them. Later she came over to me (I was on my 4th mile on the treadmill). She said, "You know, we were talking...are you the same person that used to teach wonderkids?" I was blown away,they didn't even recognize me. She went as far as to tell me I was an inspiration to her since she is just getting back to working out. After that, each of the 5 mom's took the time to come up and say hi and to offer a kind word about my progress. I felt really good (especially because I was able to keep up the converstion while running). Boy how things can change! An 8 mile run, and kudos in the same day! Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 2/7/05 9:50 pm - Richardson, TX
What a GREAT day! You are awesome girl! Ronda
Rachelq
on 2/8/05 8:38 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
It was a great day. Thanks for the kind words! Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/05 10:02 pm - South of Boston, MA
That's awesome! It's really amazing... the changes! beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Rachelq
on 2/8/05 8:39 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Change is GOOD! Rach Happy V-day to you too!
Rae Smiles
on 2/7/05 10:40 pm - Mount Airy, MD
congrats on your success!!! and eight miles!! wow RAE
DianneW
on 2/8/05 9:36 am - Louisville, KY
Congratulations, that had to feel great, eight miles is incredible too. Dianne
Rachelq
on 2/8/05 8:41 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
It seems silly, but that little moment made me feel really good! Thanks Dianne! Rachel
Rachelq
on 2/8/05 8:40 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Thanks for the support Rebecca! Rachel
klhmom3
on 2/9/05 2:28 am - Clovis, CA
That is Awesome!!! I have had a few people that I have known for YEARS double take. It is so funny! I had a friend tell me that until I spoke she did not know it was me! I just got back to the gym today after this last surgery and I really feel great!!! I needed it! You go with the 8 miles!!! I don't think I am up to that speed yet!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views