other peoples comments and looks!!!

Donna R
on 2/7/05 9:22 am - Paducah, KY
Hi all, i went to my regular doctor today, i have not been there in about 6 months! the ladies at the front desk were floored to see how much I have lost and one even said I did not need to lose anymore weight! what a feeling! there was a lady waiting in the loby and she also said I looked great and don't need to lose anymore! Then I go back to the doctor. she said she did not reconize me...what a cool day so far! I went to the bank after this and some guy held the door open for me. I have also noticed A LOT of guys checking me out... guys of all ages! one of the nurses had wls about 1 1/2 years ago and has lost over 150 pounds or so, did not want to ask her, i am sure many people ask all the time. she told me many people will come in for their shot and ask were the other lady was, the big lady. she just tells them she is that lady! Then to top off my day, i showed her my before and after picture and she said " you were always pretty" I thanked her but inside i had such mixed emotions... I have never really thought of myself as pretty. I did not have a supportive family when I grew up. so unlike my kids who I constantly tell them I love them or how nice/pretty/handsome ect.. I was never told anything to boose my self worth. I told my 15 year old daughter about this and she claimed I have always been beautiful!!! AND now for the finally!!! I DID NOT STOP ANYWHERE TO JUST GRAB A BITE TO EAT, I brought a Propel for the way there and ate 1/2 cup nuts on the way home, going to town is a 45 mile round trip now i am just relaxing with Folgers vanilla coffee. nice and hot for a chilly rainy night Donna 277/176/150 -101
thin_tyme
on 2/7/05 9:32 am - WY
Donna What an awesome day!!! Pat yourself on the back, you have done wonderful and you are beautiful, then and now. We need to daily remind ourselves of that, we are beautiful, we are beautiful, at least I do. I can imagine how high you were feeling today, congratulations. Mechelle 283/171/140
lacmike
on 2/7/05 10:27 am - York, PA
What a nice day full of compliments, we all deserve that somedays. I know the other week, I ran into a man that I coached basketball with when I weighed about 230 lbs and he thought I was my 16 year old daughter until I called him by his first name. Seems the neighbor says it is harder for him to tell us apart now too. I am flattered because I do not see the weightloss that others do but my daughter on the other hand hates that she and her mom now wear close to the same size. Lori 258/157/148
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/05 10:31 am - South of Boston, MA
Way to go Donna! You had a great day, you deserve it. beth Happy Valentines' Day! HW- 313 SW- 298 CW- 154 GW- 130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ - Updated daily
Rondaslosinit
on 2/7/05 12:20 pm - Richardson, TX
WOW Donna, You had a wonderful day! I agree , you do deserve it! Take it in and treasure those compliments in your heart. Save them for those days you don't feel so good and pull them out to use like a salve to heal your heart. What a nice ending to a perfect day too, relaxing with a cup of coffee. Enjoy! Ronda 297/286/195/170
Donna R
on 2/7/05 1:26 pm - Paducah, KY
Thank you everyone. each week I discover new things. life is good! I am now just waiting for spring, being cooped up all winter has not been fun, i have so much planned. gardening, painting, more walking, and fixing up my sunroom... Donna
Rachelq
on 2/7/05 9:25 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hi Donna, Great validation! I love it. I can relate to how much our childhood effects our adult perceptions. I'm getting past it...slowly, but surely! Rachel
DianneW
on 2/8/05 9:34 am - Louisville, KY
Donna, Congratulations, It sounds like you are doing great. dianne
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out