I don't believe we've met....

Rae Smiles
on 2/6/05 8:26 am - Mount Airy, MD
Yesterday I attended a baby shower for a family member...lots of extended family and family of family...you get the idea.... I was having a problem while getting dressed ...I was disappointed that my favorite cords were not fitting properly (size 14)....my husband looked at me and quickly pointed out that the problem was that my pants were too big....I instantly stopped him and pointed out that it couldn't be true.... I have fallen in love with a certain style of cords from Jones New York...LOVE THEM...I started in 16's, then moved to 14's and actually bought a size 12 FOR NEXT YEAR...well, I was out to prove my husband wrong, so I went to my drawer, pulled out those size 12's, ripped off the tages, put my legs into the cords and easily pulled up the waist and zipped the pants...so, as of yesterday, I am officially in a size 12!!! YAHOO.... Anyway, I was all proud of myself as I drove to the shower....there were folks there that had NOT seen me since before WLS... One older lady, who ALWAYS chats with me, approached me after a few minutes and said....I don't believe we've met and proceeded to introduce herself.....I was so taken back and then realized that she didn't recognize me.... Everyone was surprised at how much weight I had lost...my sister and her adult daugheters asked how much more I planned to loose...my sister is telling me that I look good and that she is concerned that I am going to be too thin...I do know she is NOT sabatoging my weight loss...she has always supported me...she does NOT have a weight problem....she always tells me how good I look.... anyway, my doctor told me that he believes my "goal" weight is too thin....I am going to go another 20 and see how I feel/look and asses again then... So, I had a GREAT day yesterday!!!! RAE
sloane
on 2/6/05 9:29 pm - New Albany, OH
RAE, That's awesome!! Congrats - doesn't it feel great to slide into those 12s!!!? What's your goal weight? and where are you now? Tandi 246-151-7 to go
Rae Smiles
on 2/7/05 2:45 am - Mount Airy, MD
My goal is 150...I am 5'7 and VERY heavily boned....I currenly am at 187, started at 288....for a total of 101 lbs gone forever....size 12's as discussed.... My doctor told me he would be happy if I never lost another lb...but said if I wanted to try for 175 he would be ok with that.....so, I told him that I wanted to try for 165, and if WE agreed that was TOO thin...imagine that....I would listen to him.... But I thiink he is used to seeing me FAT....so he is not used to a thinner me.... Before I started gaining weight I was at 150, size 9's....so I know that I can weigh that...I just I will just have to see where I land. RAE
lacmike
on 2/7/05 10:44 am - York, PA
Wow, after reading this I fear what my doctor might say next week. I am about 5'7 1/2 to 5'8 and I weigh 157 lbs, my family and friends too say I am getting too thin, I really mostly notice it at my chest, I can see and feel the bones. My personal goal is 148. My doctor told me at 174 lbs I was almost perfect, so he will be very overwhelmed and pleased that I have lost more since our last visit. I am wearing a size 8 or 10 depending on the brand and I am very happy, my ultimate goal was to wear a size 10 but I like the sound of weighing at least 150 so I could be quite content in a size 8 provided I am comfortable. Lori 258/157/148
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/05 9:44 pm - South of Boston, MA
C O N G R A T S! b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/154/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rachelq
on 2/7/05 9:15 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Woo hoo on the 12's. Its great to get that kind of validation! Rachel
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views