When you finally realized your weight loss...

Middlesgirl
on 2/4/05 2:14 am - Lansing, MI
Alright folks, I wanna hear about the moment of your epiphany. I have lost 174 pounds, but it really didn't dawn on my until this past weekend. Went out w/some girlfriends. I grew up w/Amanda, and we used to hang out with her brother Rob. He hadn't seen me since b4 my wls. He told me I was always pretty b4, but now I am smokin!!! It hit me at that point, that I have really changed. I see myself everyday, and moan about the hanging skin. He was blind to all of that. Great feeling!!!
Dawn C.
on 2/4/05 2:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Well I guess it had to be a few months ago when I went to a business luncheon and someone that I had previously worked with for 4 years walked right passed me. I really don't like her and didn't want to talk to her so I let her go! I think I had lost about 75 lbs at that point. Now I have lost 90. Current co-workers have said that I just keep widdling away to nothing. They wouldn't think that if they saw my big tummy and flabby thighs. Yikes!!! I think I must look thinner than I feel. I know it takes a long time for our brains to catch up. Dawn
Larakatya
on 2/4/05 5:53 am - Twin Cities, MN
I can tell you exactly when it hit me - I was shopping with some girlfriends. They insisted I try on some clothes at Express (the 12 year old schoolgirl store). I looked for the size 14 jeans. They had none. Just 12s. . .. I had tried on a size 12 skirt at home and it fit in that "do not under anycir****tanceswearoutsideyourbedroom" way. I was trying on the the 12s when a saleslady walked past and called out "Those are too baggy. Let me go get the 10s." She got them. . . .and they buttoned and zipped. Yep. . . I'm feeling like I have lost some weight (just 207 or so lbs.) Hugs and love, ~Lara
Rachelq
on 2/4/05 11:33 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Cool epiphany Erin! Mine was when I printed out my before pics to take to an OH convention. I cried when I saw the pictures. I could not believe I was ever that large and miserable. Up to that point, I kept telling people, "I don't see the weightloss". Well, as I packed my size 12 jeans into my suitcase for the trip...I knew I HAD changed! Fun Stuff! Rachel
sloane
on 2/6/05 7:51 am - New Albany, OH
Erin, What a great topic!!! Mine was shopping with my cousin. She's 10 years younger than me and always been 5'7" 120 lbs. perfect body. We went shopping at Nordstroms for jeans in early Jan. We were trying on all these cute designer jeans. I needed a smaller size and so I asked the sales lady. My hottie little cousin yelled out, oh, here just take these they're too short for me. I suddenly realized we were trying on the same size 6 jeans Tandi 246-151-7 to go
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views