Temptation Galore.....

Rondaslosinit
on 2/3/05 11:55 pm - Richardson, TX
Ok gals, I'm open to advice. This weekend I'm going on a ladies retreat and they always have a TON of junk food lying around all weekend on the "snack table". It's gonna take a TON of willpower to stay away from it. I can't have protein bars because of the milk products they are made with (allergies) so I need to take healthy snacks for myself. No refrigerator by the way. So far I've come up with the following: nuts Glenny's soy crisp snacks I'm open for ideas.... let's have 'em. Ronda
Just Janice
on 2/4/05 12:32 am - Houston, TX
What about jerky? Sunflower seeds That is all I snack on...lOL If I think of anything, I'll let ya know... Janice
Dawn C.
on 2/4/05 1:38 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Snyder's (the pretzel and potato chip people) makes soy crisps also. They look like a potato chip with holes. Kind of waffle like. I know Giant Eagle sells them around here in the organic section. I think 20 chips has 8 gr of protien. I just discovered these and they are yummy. And duct tape yourself to your chair so you can't get to the snack table! Good luck! I know how hard it is not to stray in a situation like that. Dawn
janiej
on 2/4/05 6:41 am - Independence, IA
I love chewing on a nice crisp cut up apple. It's juicy and crunchy both -- satisfies lots of different cravings. Do you do popcorn? I also love the s/f caramel flavored NIPS, but the sugar alchol can give you bad gas... How about some dry high-protein cereal? Have fun!!! I'm envious. Janie
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/05 8:16 am - South of Boston, MA
Okay, I don't know the milk/dairy content for any of these foods--- but here goes: Do you have a Whole Foods store or something like it near you? I'm sure they have a good selection of dairy-free foods... *Hi-Lo Cereal (soy protein cereal w/ berries) *Rice milk/soy milk in aseptic packaging, bring a cooler! *Veggie string "cheese" (cooler) *Cashew, soy, almond, peanut butter on Ryvita toasts or Kashi crackers *Veggie Chips (these make me sick, so in moderation I guess they're great) *Celery stuffed with nut butters (cooler) What are these women going to have for meals at the retreat with no fridge? b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/156/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rachelq
on 2/4/05 11:54 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Check out Kay's Naturals. They have protien snacks. kaysnaturals.com. Also, I'm really like the soft chunk jerky...yum! Rachel
Rondaslosinit
on 2/6/05 1:17 pm - Richardson, TX
Thanks everybody! Beth, I did go to Whole Foods and found all kinds of things I can have! It was so exciting. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Veggie Cheese! I got Rice crackers, soy crisps, found some protein bars that are dairy free (tried them - YUK!). Anyway, there were plenty of things to choose from! Rachel, the retreat center has a dining hall and they prepared meals for us. I'm back from retreat now and I survived the food! Meals were wonderful and there was always something I could eat. I had eggs, oatmeal, chicken fajita meat, BBQ brisket. It was yummy. I took my snacks and Rice Milk and did good around the snack table. I had soy crisps, almonds, and when I wanted those M&Ms, I reached for a ginger snap cookie instead. Everyone there ate from sunup to sundown - geez! We'll see how much damage I did tomorrow morning . when I step on the scale. Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 2/6/05 10:48 pm - South of Boston, MA
Glad you had fun at the retreat-- and at the store!! b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/154/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views