Freaky Friday- Post your food journals here, please!

(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 8:38 pm - South of Boston, MA
Hey gang, post your food journals here- lurkers too! I see you peeking , post! ______________________________________________________________ It's day two of liquids for me. Yesterday's effort yielded an actual change on the scale this morning I don't care WHAT left my body, I drank enough to pass a horse through! Yesterday 159, today 156... Tommorrow maybe I'll be "back" to my lowest point. Today so far: 2 scoops GNC Whey Protein (40G protein), 1C Carb Countdown Skim (12G protein) unsweetened cocoa, equal and cold coffee, blended all together) There, got the protein outta the way, my day is "done" No, really, once the shake is gone, it's back to lots of liquids. Beth We were in love before, but now it's so much more, 'cause when I kiss your lips, I can't explain what I feel in my heart for you... -Los Lonely Boys "More Than Love" http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
J H.
on 2/3/05 9:50 pm - Houston, TX
Beth, What kind of protein do you get in when you do liquids? Do you get in 90 gms? Just from protein shakes? Just curious.. Joan
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 10:03 pm - South of Boston, MA
Mornin' Joan... My protein goal is 50 grams per day, which is a piece of cake, I already hit it today, and it's 9am! 50 is the minimum, per my docs' orders. I've been trying to get closer to 100 as of lately, but it hasn't helped anything by increasing, so I'll take anything between 50-100. On liquids, the goal is (for me, since I haven't been able to find a plan online to actually follow- if you find one, email me!) 50-100 grams of protein in shake form and liquids only, for 500-800 calories day total. This translates to: 2-3 protein shakes a day **For me, it's currently the GNC Whey Protein Powder, added to cold coffee/skim CC, if I have two scoops, it's 40 grams of protein... but it's 260 calories, so I usually only use one... this morning did two...which counts for two meals... Then, later, one more protein containing shake, either more of the same, or... (what I've currently got in the house...) *Atkins Advantage Shake (20G) *EAS Myoplex (25G) high in carbs, but I'm using them up... *Body Choice Cappucino (15G) If I need more protein/calories beyond the 2-3 shakes, I'll add another, like a Carb Countdown Smoothie with extra berries. Lots of "clear" liquids... broth, diluted crystal light, tea, water ... Goal is about 100 oz... but I'll probably get about 150 oz. b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/156/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Dawn C.
on 2/3/05 9:56 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
To a new day... I am going to start logging my water because I have not been doing so well with it and I need to be accountable! These are the meals I packed today. 16.9 oz water b - 3/4 c. cottage cheese, 1/2 c. grapes L - 3/4 c. mixed greens, red & yellow pepper strips, 1 oz. lean deli ham, 1.5 oz 50% less fat cheddar, 1-2T. low fat honey mustard dressing S1 - celery and 1 wedge laughing cow low fat swiss cheese Dinner - Tonight the kids and I are making pizza. I have to figure out how many calories and carbs are in the crust ( it's a mix) before I decide how much I am going to eat. Probably one piece loaded with toppings. I have turkey sausage, ham, part skim mozzarella and various veggies. Then we are all going to watch Mary Poppins. I am sure my husband won't be able to contain his excitement. I only told him the pizza part. P.S. Beth - stay off the scale!!!! As you can see your weight can fluxuate dramatically on a daily basis. Maybe try once a week?? Lock it up! You will be much less frustrated. I need to practice what I preach. So I am now vowing not to get on the scale until my dr. visit on the 15th. Then I will be in for a big surprise - hopefully a good one!!! Dawn 287/197/160
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 10:13 pm - South of Boston, MA
Here's the thing about the scale--- I kinda need to know about the fluctuations, even daily... then I'll know when/if I am maintaining, even after all of the dietary changes or exercise. If I only weighed once a week, I'd never see a change-- I'd be probably more frustrated right now, because I'm the same weight I was FIVE WEEKS ago. KWIM? At least having weighed everyday, I've seen that I did lose, did gain, and am losing again...and hopefully I can find a balance between intake/exercise/weight. Not only that, but if it's out of sight, it's also out of mind.. and when my mind isn't on something, it's back to grazing and overeating. I am so close to goal I can TASTE it, so this is my ultimate frustrating challenging time.... and I want to be all done... I'm not patient, I am so sick of dealing with weight loss... I just want to get out of the "overweight" category and be DONE, KWIM?? This has taken up a huge part of my life for almost a year now.... I'm ready to be done. Does that make sense? I'm sure it does, we're all there.... :hug: Sorry about the tangent... b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/156/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Dawn C.
on 2/3/05 11:57 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Okay Okay! Do whatever works for you. If getting on the scale every day makes you feel better and helps you regulate your diet then do it! Everyone is different. For me, I get too upset if I see the scale go up a pound in a day. It could be water weight or it could be that I am constipated. Which rarely happens but does. I certainly understand about wanting to be done with the weight loss. I have concluded that I will always have to watch what I put in my mouth so I am not so sure my eating will change much once I am maintenance. I may be too afraid to let it change. My greatest fear is gaining this weight back. I have seen it happen when you get lazy. A friend of mine lost over 100 lbs. and wasn't done losing but quit following the rules. Like drinking carbonated drinks, caffeine ( our dr. is a caffeine nazi), junk food and quit exercizing. As a result over 1 1/2 she has gained back over 1/2 her weight and her diabetes is back. I am not quite sure what that rant was all about. I guess just that I think I will have to eat this way the rest of my life. Maybe I'll try the liquid thing for a few days before my dr. appt. Bet I could pee away 5 lbs or so! Gotta go- I have a Functional Training class in 10 min! Dawn
J H.
on 2/3/05 10:13 pm - Houston, TX
I am going to do the scale thing too. I need to stop weighing everyday. Thanks Dawn for the gentle reminder... Joan 254/160/135
Rondaslosinit
on 2/3/05 10:10 pm - Richardson, TX
YAY Beth!!! Happy for you! 3 lbs of peeing! LOL I didn't have such good luck. Scales didn't move at all. Maybe today! I'm NOT going to get discouraged. I KNOW I can do this. I'm going to workout this morning. Gonna do the eliptical for at least 30 min. I'll shoot for 45! Water Water Water breakfast - Nectar (I used the last of my Unjury yesterday - need to order more) Ronda
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 10:25 pm - South of Boston, MA
It's a lott **** I tell ya! Alright, Ronda, I'll get on the treadmill for you. It's here, staring at me from under a white sheet like a dead body. You know it's bad when your exercise equipment has rigor mortis. I'm gonna aim for 60 minutes total on the treadmill... may not happen at one time, probably two shots... since the wee one will probably drag my flappy butt off of it at least once for a potty emergency or something. Excuses, excuses! Let's do this! b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/156/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Rondaslosinit
on 2/3/05 11:34 pm - Richardson, TX
You go girl! I just got back from the gym. I only did 34 minutes on the eliptical and thought I was gonna die so I got off. I burned 280 calories though! Not bad Yeah, I gave up on home gym equipment when people started writing "dust me" with their little fingers on the equipment and I could read it! Dust isn't so bad until you disturb it, then everyone knows..... Good luck keeping the little one away from the moving parts (and I don't mean your flappy butt). 20 oz of water so far...... Ronda
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views