had my appt. with doc

J H.
on 2/3/05 1:44 am - Houston, TX
Well, I just returned from my follow up visit with my doc. Since October 28 I have only lost 13 pounds. Pathetic huh. I am not very happy with myself right now. I did tear up when I was talking to him...but held back the actual crying. I have 24.5 pounds to go to meet my goal. I want and have to get there. He said something that really made me think...I am going to spend some time thinking about it everyday and that was, "The difference between were you are now, 159.5, and the goal we set for you, 135, may be the difference between a lifetime of keeping this weight off or not. woe............heavy That is it for now..............see ya....Joan
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 2:34 am - South of Boston, MA
Okay, when I read this the first time, I got immediately at your doctor. "How DARE he?" {{{hugs}}} Buuut, I just re-read it, and it's still very blunt and kinda scary, but maybe I need a doc like that to kick my @$$?! My doc's office never gave me a "goal"- only told me to EXPECT to lose 60-80% of my excess body weight. Well, I did that, so now it's like they ask ME if I am "still losing" or if I'm done for good. Of course I'm like, "NO, I'm not done!!" Of course, since that %#&^$! 9 month appointment, I've lost and gained the SAME 4-5 lbs for five weeks. Perhaps when they see me on April 5th, (my magical one year date, ) I'll HAVE to say, "I guess you were right, I WAS done." :angry: But I don't WANT to. I can't. It's not in me to give up now, it's SO freaking close I can taste it in every cell of my being! You & I are the same size right now... with just about the same "goal".... so I know you feel it! b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/154-159/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Just Janice
on 2/3/05 4:03 am - Houston, TX
I tried to leave him in a good mood for you! If it is any consolation, he is delusioal. Last time, at my 6 onth, he raised my goal to 160. Today, he said no he didn't...until I reminded him he told me I had a big butt. I had to lift up the shirt to show him all of the hella skin I have hanging...ewww... He wants me at 150 or so... Did he tell you to eat freely, add fruits, or when you can eat freely? I can eat fruits, not bananas , tho, bc of their high sugar...I can eat freely at 160. THAT scares me! I don't kow if I can trust myself there! Give me a call! You may get a funky message, but it shouldbe cleared up in 2-4 hrs, per SBC. Hubby works for them, so it may be longer! LOL Janice PS Gorgeous and well behaved kids! They look just like you!!! You look FABULOUS!!!
(deactivated member)
on 2/3/05 4:20 am - South of Boston, MA
Delusional DOC?? So jealous that you've met! -b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/154-159/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Just Janice
on 2/3/05 4:58 am - Houston, TX
I love her! She is too sweet! We actually met, I think, at the Hospital Support groups. We have the same surgeon, as well, if that wasn't obvious! LOL I guess you will just have to meet us in TX one day...Ronda is about 4 (i think) hours from us, so we can maybe find a midpoint! Janice
Rondaslosinit
on 2/3/05 5:10 am - Richardson, TX
Count me in! I'm about 4 hours north of you, Janice. I'd love to meet you gals! What does your doc mean by "eat freely"? Just curious. Ronda
Just Janice
on 2/3/05 5:33 am - Houston, TX
Well, the carb nazi only wants us to eat lean meat and leafy greens until we reach a certain point. At that point, you are "allowed" to incorporate other foods into your diet...carbs, dairy, treats, etc. all in moderation. I believe this is bull, as it is springing on you all the food possibilities that made you fat in the first place, without any guidance. I, for one, have been eating dairy, and the occasional carb here and there, and am no worse for the wear. Every MD is different. Ours is just nuts. Janice (also eats nuts...yummy!)
J H.
on 2/3/05 10:10 am - Houston, TX
janice, tried to call you..got the crazy message. he did say i could eat freely at 145 or when I saw him in three months he would tell me then...so which ever comes first. Personally, I would like to meet that 145 goal plus some down to my goal by my next visit. Let's see that would be 2.25 lbs. a week to meet my goal by my 1 year anniversary and 1.75 lbs. a week to meet my goal by my next appointment with our doc. Ugh....nothing like a little pressure. Looks like I am going to have to get off my duff and exercise. ha, Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views