Wicked Wednesday-Groundhog Day-Food Journals

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 10:46 pm - South of Boston, MA
Happy Groundhog Day? Post your food journals for today here, please... ______________________________________________________________ No weight today. Frustration still abounds, although it looks like it's lower than yesterday, it's just not worth making it real by posting it. You know, like if you say "Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetle....." Today: Mocha Protein a la Beth (the usual) 2 TBSP homemade mac and cheese with all (but one) fat-free cheeses (making for the family for tonight, had to taste test, was terrified of using ::GASP:: fat free cheese. It tastes pretty darn good, this is what I did: Heated... Dollop of skim milk 1 container fat-free cottage cheese... added fat free sharp cheddar, 75% light sharp cheddar, a teeny plop of butter (would normally use a LOT of butter), mustard, salt & pepper... melted all down... added two boxes of tri-color rotinis.... threw in a big dish (made a big pan-ful... this is one of those foods that the kids will ask for leftovers every meal... ) Threw some shredded cheddar on top, and crushed some Kashi crackers and sprinkled away... Normally, I'd use breadcrumbs, drowned in melted butter. Now, I won't actually eat this, but I am glad it tastes good, because then the kids will eat it, and it's healthy, compared to the typical homemade versions I make... ______________________________________________________________ b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/bouncingyetagain/whenI'mdone http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
J H.
on 2/1/05 11:15 pm - Houston, TX
mmm...sounds good...I think I will try it for my mac and cheese lovin' kiddos too. Do you bake it then? If so, how? Also I am assuming you boiled the noodles first? I am not a great cook...that is why I have the silly questions.............gotta have it ALL spelled out for me. Just had my cup of coffee again that I said I was going to stop and had left over steak for breakfast. pretty good stuff ...oh, and a tiny bit of sauteed onions. Hope everyone has a great day, Joan
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 11:43 pm - South of Boston, MA
Yes, boil noodles first....drain....mix all together, bake at 350 till all bubbly and a teeny bit browned on top... -Beth
Rondaslosinit
on 2/2/05 1:55 am - Richardson, TX
That does sounds good. Thanks for sharing! Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean cereal decaf coffee water water water lunch - going to have Nectar protein drink water till I float dinner - going to have a protein drink I'm trying an experiment today - shock my system into maybe losing again. Of course I didn't decide this until AFTER breakfast. Oh well. I'll try it anyway. I'll let you know how it goes. Ronda
Rondaslosinit
on 2/2/05 12:11 pm - Richardson, TX
Update: lunch - did have a protein drink (30g protein) water water water snack - banana, SF beef jerky (a few nibbles) more water can't do another protein drink dinner - salad with grilled chicken and hot sauce on top - yummy snack - pear not too bad. Not my original plan but not too bad. Ronda
janiej
on 2/2/05 6:37 am - Independence, IA
I usually stay away from mac & cheese -- my tummy just doesn't love it anymore. But,,,, did you know you can freeze it. Last time I made homemade I got carried away since I was eating it and had a huge batch. Anyway, I put some in single type serve containers and put in freeze. Just take out and microwave a little, add a little more milk, finishing heating and wa-la. My 10 y/o son was impressed. Oh, just call me Betty Crocker!! NOT!!! I also put ham cubes in it sometimes and he likes that too... Janie
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/05 8:17 am - South of Boston, MA
I didn't really pay attention to todays' food intake, just sort of went with the flow... the results: Lunch- None Snack(s)- 1 oz beef jerky 5 tortilla chips 24 oz iced coffee/light cream/= 30 oz diluted tea Dinner- Carb Countdown Smoothie w/ 1/2C pureed strawberries & raspberries Now I'm chewing gum... waiting to drink more... the smoothie actually made me feel full... -beth
Dawn C.
on 2/2/05 11:27 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Yep this was a wicked wednesday. I have PMS and didn't do so hot today. So here is my confession mocha - 1 T. decaf coffee powder, 1 pkt swiss miss sf hot cocoa, 12 oz. milk, splenda B - 3/4 c. cottage cheese L - (Had a luncheon meeting) 2 bites pasta salad, 3 oz. dry & rubbery chicken breast - not exactly sure how they got both textures, 3 baby carrots, 2 forkfuls of wild rice pilaf, 1 bite apple pie (it wasn't even good) Now I have all the guys in my dept. want to sit at my table when we have these lunch/seminars because they know I will give away my dessert and sometimes most of me meal. This is where it goes down hill S1 - 1/2" x 2" slice of white cake with custard filling. S2 - 2 laughing cow cheese wedges on celery Grazing after work - handful of cheezits D - 1/4 c. baked yukon gold potato, 1 oz. boneless porkchop (too dry), 1 spoonful of mixed veggies. S3 - 1 oreo So there you have it. Now prior to surgery I would have eaten 4" x 4" piece of cake, 1/2 box of cheezits and 6 oreos so I guess that is something. The guilt...the guilt..... Here's to a better day tomorrow! Dawn 287/197/160
J H.
on 2/2/05 11:50 am - Houston, TX
I ate horrible today...1 cup of coffee with cream and splenda, 1 mozarella stick, 1 oz. cheddar cheese, 1/3 hot dog (yuck...btw), 1/4 c. cashews, 1 snack pack of pistachios, 6 sugarfree mints, 1.5 tsp of peanut butter and last but not least, 2 oz. of chicken and a salad. One LOOONNGGG snack day..............bad!! Oh, and I had one of those new swirly philly things. Yum. Sleep well everyone..I will post after my visit with the carb nazi! Yes, Janice and I have the same doc.
Josie C.
on 2/2/05 12:28 pm - High Desert, CA
On the road today...which makes it a bad bad snack day and very bad water day: Water = 12oz B = Atkins Shake, Chocolate Delight Water = 8oz water = 4oz L = (Red Lobster) Broiled Sole w/broccoli & yellow squash, 1 cheddar biscuit, about a 1/4 of garden salad w/thousand Island dressing water = 20oz D = (while driving ) (Jack-In-The-Box) 2 egg rolls and 2 chicken strips S = 1/4c Dried fruit (pineapple, mango, banana chips, rasins, almonds, walnuts, cherries, cranberries, and strawberries) *fingers still crossed hoping I don't dump on the dried fruit* Have 20oz of Crystal Light waiting...only brings my fluid total to 64oz just a little over half of what I should have gotten in today Tomorrow is a new day!
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views