April Fools - we're 10 Months out today!

Larakatya
on 2/1/05 12:10 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi there my people, This marks the beginning of our 10 month Anniversary!! And youngest child that I am, I'll go first. (I promise I won't break all the good toys before you get to play with them!) Tale of the tape: Well, I've lost about 207 lbs total, and 162 of that is since my surgery on April 1st 2004. I went from a women's size 36 (men's size 56) to where I am now: With the hanging skin I feel most comfortable in men's 36s or 34s - women's 14s. However my friends took me to Express to prove a point to me and darned if the size 10s didn't button and zip up. They fit in that "OhMyGod, never to be worn until I get my plastics" kind of way. . .but they fit none the less. I'm kind getting a little burned out from how much time and energy WLS takes up in my life. I'm starting to feel like I'm almost done, and I am looking forward to just maintaining and getting out and enjoying my new long healthy life. My losing has inspired me with the courage to try and accomplish my dream of becoming a therapist - and I am applying for grad school for the fall. I am beyond ecstatic to report that I have been offered an admissions interview at one school, and I'm hoping to hear from the other school sometime in March with good news. Love to all, ~Lara Known High of 400+/355 on surgery day/193 today/goal of 190 6'3" tall BMI went from 51.1 Super Morbidly Obese to currently 24.1 Normal
DianneW
on 2/1/05 2:25 am - Louisville, KY
Starting Weight: 340 Current Weight: 184 Total Loss: 156 Starting Size: 32 Current Size: 16 (Except for my Swimsuit 14 because it's strechy) I never measured so I don't have any measurements Starting BMI: 54.9 Current BMI: 29.7 Goal: around 150 I feel great. I should be able to drive to Louisville tomorrow. Followup with doctor from Hernia surgery is today. No blood clots. I'm relieved and greatful. Dianne
Rachelq
on 2/1/05 3:08 am - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Hey you size ten little fox! Good on ya! Your life is moving onward and upward. I have another girlfriend on the cali board that 6' and in 6's and 8's...slender slender slender (she's two years out). Wow! We must look kinda funny when we go out. I'm the complete opposite...short and round. Even with the weightloss...big boobs...round face...a well, we always want what we don't have...huh? Well just wanted to welcome you to you 10th month...I'm an end of monther...so I just hit 9 this week. See you at 10 in a few weeks!
Donna Paige
on 2/1/05 7:39 am - Pottstown, PA
My 10 months will be on the 12th. I'm proud of my progress. I would like it to be more. I've been fighting the scales the last few days. That time of the month you know. I've lost a total 150lbs. My starting weight was 339lbs. My BMI was 62. It is is now 34. something. I wear a 14W or misses 16 Petites pants and tops are a size medium or large. I wore a size 34W or 4X. I'm 5'1 and rounded like Dolly Pardon. LOL Well the fat Dolly. My chest is now at 46" my waist is 29" and my big butt is 45". The problem is the butt is so large and the waist is so small that nothing fits. I look like all boobs and butt. BUTTT.. compared to what I was I think I look dang good if I say so myself. 339/189/praying for 130 but if I didn't lose another pound I feel great.
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 8:31 am - South of Boston, MA
You wrote: "I'm kind getting a little burned out from how much time and energy WLS takes up in my life. I'm starting to feel like I'm almost done, and I am looking forward to just maintaining and getting out and enjoying my new long healthy life. " This sums up how I've been feeling lately. I am sort of wanting to be "all done" with this entire process and just live, without the obsessing about scales, food, exercise or lack thereof... I know this is a celebratory thread here.... but I just had to remark on this... glad to know I am not alone.... So, congrats........you've done beautifully, your transformation is by far one of the most inspiring. b e t h 'For I was never so small as this before...,' thought Alice. 313/298/154/130 http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/
Larakatya
on 2/1/05 11:42 am - Twin Cities, MN
You're not alone!!! I think its natural to want to be all done at this poiint in the game. I spent 9 months before my surgery working on this. . .and 3 years before that working on trying to become strong enough to even try for this surgery. . . I just want to have a happy normal life. And I need to give myself a chance to have some healthy breathing room. Love to all, ~Lara
Rae Smiles
on 2/1/05 9:18 am - Mount Airy, MD
And what a great 10 months it has been...for all of us... the 19th is MY 10 months to the day.... started at 288 now at 188 for a total of EXACTLY 100 lbs... Goal weight of Dr: 160-170 I want to be at 150.... I am in some 12's, nothing larger than a 14...shirts are mediums...even my shoe size has gone down from a 10 to a 9.5. I feel good...folks tell me that I look good...I am pleased with how well my skin has gone back, but my stomach and arms are NOT pretty..... Best wishes to all.... RAE
iambren
on 2/1/05 1:22 pm - Knoxville, TN
Hi, My 10 months date will be on the 14th. Starting weight: 385 Today's weight: 238 # lost: 147 Goal is " 170. An if I don't lose another oz. I am very well pleased. The only regret I have is not doing it earlier. This surgeery has given my life back, and I thank God everyday! CONGRATULATIONS to all of us LOSERs!!!!! Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/05 2:34 am - Lost in Woods, PA
Wow: Starting date: 4/19/2004 Beginning Weight: 305 Current Weight: 239 from: 28 to 18 size Not loosing as fast as others but then again i have more medical issues than some that put the weight on in the first place. if i don't loose another pound, as along as i don't gain any back i'll be happy. i work hard at loosing, do the right things and just hope that someday i'll start loosing again. Wanted to be 200 pounds by my anniversary but don't foresee that happening. Open RNY 4/19/2004 "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." Henry David Thoreau
Kelly W.
on 2/7/05 4:27 am - Lafayette, LA
Yea, I was going to say the same thing..... WOW! everyone has done so great.... just wanted to let you know you are not alone! I am a slow loser too. But hey, we are losers and that is the most important thing!!! Starting date: 4/01/2004 Beginning Weight: 320 Current Weight: 228 92 lbs lost total from: 32 to 22 size Kelly
Most Active
Recent Topics
weight gain
merrillg · 0 replies · 498 views
9 years and counting
Pegtrala · 2 replies · 762 views
lap band
vixxen36 · 0 replies · 698 views
8 years out
feelinggreat · 0 replies · 777 views