Good News... my daughter...

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/05 11:31 am - South of Boston, MA
From my journal entry tonight: http://meltingmama.blogspot.com/ (I cut off the days' food stuff, since that's already posted) Totals: 886 calories 38 fats- good for me, lower! 40 carbs- high, but not too bad... 91 protein- great! I did well today, considering.... we were exposed to ICE CREAM cake today! Not even one lick! Something about the way it turned the kids' mouths entirely blue made me decide even a finger-lick wasn't worth it. :shiver: Mental note for the wee one's birthday in March, no ice-cream cake! I'm thinking a really fancy strawberry concoction.... for her. Also, MIL made a picnic shoulder for boiled dinner today, and while it smelled great, I made the mistake of looking up the nutrition information pre-dinner, so I didn't have it. It's just not the same as pre-op, when I'd slather the whole fatty mess with oodles of butter & horseradish, right?! :-x I *do eat a lot of ham, so it's not like I forgo pork, it's just that I choose lean ham, and eat 1 oz. portioned slices... so the fat isn't as big of an issue. I've also given up pork bacon, with the exception of the crumbles in a salad once in a while. If I must have bacon, there's options... I was craving something sweet later on (after watching everyone eat gads of ice cream cake... lol), so I had half a graham cracker, and as usual, I was sick, immediately! These damn crackers are so tempting, and if you're not a post-op, I highly recommend keeping some on hand, LOL! They're the "Cinnamon Grahams" from www.traderjoes.com ... relatively low in fat, and in sugars, for one serving. You can have 2.5 crackers for 6 grams of sugar... The kids adore them with a spread of peanut butter made into sandwiches. Bob & I were looking through old pictures today, I made a little flip book of pre-op photos of the two of us. He noted that the kids even have changed. I took a closer look and realized they have! My oldest two children have always been overweight... along with mom and dad. My daughter, who is 7 years and 4 months old, is and has been clinically obese, even at her young age. After seeing that her face looked thinner, I asked her to get on our scale tonight, and if my memory serves me right, she's lost between 5 and 9 lbs since Septembers' well-child doctors' visit. This is wonderful news! The doc asked us to make an app't for 6 months to check her weight, since it had gotten to a point of no return, and I will be glad to do that now! I know 5-9 lbs doesn't seem like much, but it IS for a child.... it's the first 10%.... for her weight. We moved into this house on August 30th, so it's been a lifestyle and food change since that day.... My 5 year old has also lost weight, he's fitting into pants from last season and last year that he couldn't button before. I've always bought him "husky" fit pants, because of his beer gut... but it's noticeably smaller! HOORAY! He weighed in as well, but I don't know if it was much of a change, since his last appointment was almost a year ago... The baby, okay, the almost three year old... hasn't really been overweight, but she's maintaining her size, and doesn't look as pudgy. __________________________________________________________ -beth
Rachelq
on 1/31/05 8:38 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
RNY on 04/27/04 with
Beth, That is wonderful news about the kids!!! Good job mom! Hugs, Rachel
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/05 12:00 am - South of Boston, MA
Thanks, Rachel! -beth
sloane
on 2/1/05 2:27 am - New Albany, OH
Beth, Congrats on the kids -10% is awesome!!!!! Tandi
Most Active
Recent Topics